43🚔

Boy, what drama Tyler caused and if I was Kayden I would have been pissed but he just shrugs it off

Boy, what drama Tyler caused and if I was Kayden I would have been pissed but he just shrugs it off. Probably because it's my brother but I'm mad about the whole thing.

I was sitting outside looking at the waves when Kayden walked out with a coffee cup and handed it to me.

"Morning Tiger!"

"Morning." I smiled.

He sit down beside me and kissed my cheek. "Are you ok this morning?"

"No, I'm still pissed at Ty."

"Well I didn't want to press charges with him being your brother and since my door got fixed and Cam is taking it out of his check I'm good."

"Uncle Cam is probably still mad at him over it. I don't know what's gotten into him. He's always gotten into trouble and we have gotten him out Kayden."

"Maybe that's the problem. He needs to fail all on his own and have no help."

"I think you are right about that."

"Jacob texted me."

"He did?"

"Yeah, he wanted to know if we wanted to go out to dinner with him and Alissa tonight."

"What did you say?"

"I told him I needed to ask you first." He laughed.

"That sounds fun. Where do they want to go?"

"I am not sure yet let me respond and ask."

I sip my coffee watching the water come up into the sand.

"He said the Mexican place that you and Alissa like."

"Oh, I am so down. I am off today and can have a margarita." I smile at him.

"Well I have to work but I'll be home after 5 and Jacob said 6 pm."

"Well, it all works out then."

"What do you plan to do today Tiger?"

"I am going to go see Grandpa Levi and Grandma Avah I think."

"Ok well, I better go get dressed for work."

"Ok, I will put our cups away."

I was cleaning up the kitchen when the doorbell rang. I looked out and it was Uncle Cam.

"Morning Uncle Cam!"

"Morning! Sorry for just stopping by but I think Kayden needs these." He laughed holding out his hand with keys in them.

"Oh, I think he does." I laugh.

"What's funny?" Kayden asked walking into the kitchen.

"Uncle Cam brought your keys by. You couldn't have got in."

"I didn't even give that a thought." He laughed.

"I want to apologize again for Tyler."

"It's not for you to apologize and we worked it out with you taking it out of his pay."

"I swear he needs jail time to straighten up." Uncle Cam frowns.

"That's what Kayden said. We baby him too much and he gets away with everything."

He sighs. "Well, I gotta get going working on Pria's house."

Kayden laughed. "I know that's a job."

"Nah she gives great directions of what she wants and I like that."

He kisses me on the cheek. "Love you, Julia Alice."

"Love you too Uncle Cam."

"Bye Kayden! Enjoy that new door."

"Thanks." He laughed.

I kissed Kayden goodbye and then went upstairs to change clothes.

I walked up the beach until I got to my grandparent's house. They were sitting on the porch.

"Hey, sweet pea!"

"Hi, grandma!" I kissed her cheek and then kissed grandpa's cheek and sit down.

"We heard about what happened last night. What the hell is wrong with that boy?"

"I am not sure Grandpa. He was in such a rage not getting his way."

"Why was he mad?"

"That's not my story to tell but he got into some trouble and Kirk who works at Kayden's firm is his lawyer and he was mad and Kirk wasn't there and he just went off on Kayden."

"He should have pressed charges."

"I know but Uncle Cam and my parents chewed him out and Uncle Cam made him help replace the door and is taking it out of his pay."

"Well I'm glad they are and a chewing from them three wouldn't be fun." Grandpa laughs.

"Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't. I told Kayden it looked like two pit bulls and a chihuahua." I laugh.

Grandma laughs. "Where is Kayden?"

"He had to work and I figured since I'm off I would come for a visit."

"We are glad you did. We are just watching the water. Say Kayden's parents bought that house?" Grandpa pointed.

"Yeah they did and Uncle Cam is working on it. He came by this morning because he forgot to give Kayden his new keys to his door."

"I am glad Cam took over my business he does it proudly that's for sure."

"Grandpa Uncle Cam learned everything from you."

"Levi is fishing for compliments." Grandma laughed.

I stayed with them a couple of hours and then decided to drive down to Cookie Grounds and buy a bunch of cookies and slushies and headed to Kayden's work.

I took Kirk a slushy and told him to come to get some cookies and then I went to Kayden's office.

"Hey, Tiger."

"Hey! Thought you guys could use a snack and a slushy."

"Thanks, I need it. I have a headache looking at paperwork." He smiled.

I grabbed a cookie and sit down across from him. "That bad today?"

"Yeah." He laughed grabbing a cookie and shutting a file.

"Well, I don't want to bother you."

"You are never a bother. Your face makes it brighter."

"Aww." Kirk laughed walking into the room.

"Get some cookies." I smile.

"Thanks that's what I came for."

"Have you heard from Tyler?" I ask him.

"Yes, he called and apologized."

"Well, I am glad that he did but I am so embarrassed because of what he did."

"That has nothing to do with you, Julia. He lost his cool but we all are ok and got a new door." Kirk smiled.

"Yeah what he said. Grab a few more cookies before we eat them all." Kayden laughed.

"I guess I am going to go home and get ready for tonight."

"I will be home shortly!"

I walked around his desk and kissed his lips before walking out to my cruiser.