1🚔

🔺Must have read Unquenchable Desire Series and All Roads Lead To You First!!🔻

Everyone expected me to follow in my parent's footsteps and the Holgate/Reece name goes far in this town

Julia, you are just like your mom Violet and act like her too. Why can't you be calm like your dad Cooper? The chief reminds me daily.

My partner and I are getting ready to go out on an undercover drug bust tonight and I'm ready. It's my last night as a beat cop before being promoted to Detective and that's all I have ever wanted to be.

Nolan and I have been working on this bust for months and my adrenaline is pumping and I'm ready to go.

At 9 pm we bust into the building with guns blazing with backup and gunfire gets exchanged and we managed to escape that round but when I opened the next door the man who I have been looking for was sitting behind a desk with a gun drawn.

"Your mother may have taken my dad down all those years ago but I won't let you take me alive Holgate!"

"Well, then I can shoot you dead Stan!" I yell.

My gun was cocked ready to go when I hear Nolan yell but I won't take my eyes off of Stan when I felt this searing pain hit my stomach and when I look down I'm bleeding.

Nolan comes running in and shoots Stan before calling for backup and that's when I pass out.

I can hear beeping around me but I can't seem to open my eyes. I also hear talking and someone squeezing my hand which I know has to be my mom.

I keep trying and finally my eyes open and mom is smiling down at me.

"Oh, Julia I am so glad that you are ok."

"Thanks, mom! I guess I got shot huh?"

"You did but Nolan called a bus and got you here before you lost too much blood."

I looked over at Nolan. Thank you."

"You are my partner that's what I was supposed to do."

"He also took down Stan." Dad smiles.

"Then all is right with the world. Wait you didn't kill him did you?"

Nolan laughed. "No I wanted to but he needs to suffer in jail like the rest of his family."

I gave him a small high five when the doctor walked in. "Good news Miss Holgate. The bullet missed all of your vital organs but we will be keeping you a few days."

"Is the bullet still in there?"

"No, we got it out."

"Can I have it? I need something to remember this by."

"Oh, Julia!" Mom laughed.

"I'm turning that into a necklace and a reminder of what happened to me, mom."

"God she's just like you." Dad laughed.

"She gets it honest." Mom laughed squeezing my hand.

"Well I just want you to rest a couple of days and we will give you fluids and you can go home."

"Can't I go home and rest?"

"Miss Holgate you cops are all the same and you won't rest at all so no." She laughed.

"Do you think Grandpa Levi or Uncle Gray knows?"

"We didn't tell them." Dad shrugs.

The door opens and they walk in.  "I had to hear about this on the news?"

"Oh Grandpa I'm fine."

"It said you and Nolan are heroes for what you did with that drug bust." Uncle Gray said.

"Nolan is the hero he stopped the perp and well I just got shot."

"Julia! You are the one that found Stan in the first place." Nolan said.

My dad just stared at Nolan and I know what he is thinking but Nolan isn't my type he is a hoe bag.

A little bit later everyone left and I drifted off to sleep to scare myself awake dreaming a barrel of a gun was in my face.

My monitors were beeping and the nurse come running in. "Are you ok?"

"Sorry, bad dream."

"About being shot?"

"No, I thought a gun was in my face. Where is my gun by the way?"

"Your partner took it with him."

"I need that." I sighed.

"Not while you are in here Miss Julia."

"It's a terrible habit I know but I feel naked without it."

She laughed. "My father was a cop and he said the same thing."

The next morning I was asleep until I heard someone talking but I didn't open my eyes.

Nolan was professing his love for me and I don't have the heart to hurt him.

"I was scared something was going to happen to you. I hate we aren't going to be partners anymore and I really do care for you."

Before he could continue the door opens and I hear Uncle Cam.

Wild bears couldn't keep him away from me. He has been such a big part of my life growing up and we have always had this special bond.

I open my eyes and smile when he kisses my forehead.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I'm sorry Uncle Cam just so much going on."

"Hi Nolan."

"Hey! I just wanted to check on you but I need to get to work. Cya later."

"Thanks for stopping by." I smile.

When he shut the door Uncle Cam turned around and laughed. "That poor boy is in love with you."

"I know and I don't have the heart to hurt his feelings."

"You don't feel the same?" He asked.

"No way. He's a hoe bag and so not my type."

"Thank god! I could see it on his face." He laughed.

"Thanks for coming by."

"I'm sorry I didn't make it yesterday but things come up and your mom said you were resting."

"I have been trying to but I can't wait to get home and get a greasy burger and some cookies from Aunt Remi."

"I'm sure she will make you whatever you want Julia."

I couldn't help but smile. I have the best family. The Reece/Holgate clan sure knows how to make a girl feel loved and full.

 The Reece/Holgate clan sure knows how to make a girl feel loved and full