30⚖️

The next morning I got up and showered and went downstairs and made some coffee and went out on the deck to drink it

I haven't seen Julia yet this morning she may still be sleeping. I sip on my coffee and watch the water.

I'm not sure why I am so nervous. Her family had been nothing but nice to me but I am not sure how they will feel with me and Julia being a couple.

I couldn't help but smile. Coming back here was the best thing I have ever done.

The sliding glass door opened and Julia came out smiling with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Morning!"

"Morning Kayden! Thank you for making coffee."

"Your welcome. I thought I would come to take in the view for a while. I wasn't sure if you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you."

"Thanks! I woke up and took a shower."  She sits down beside me.

"What time are we eating?"

"Lunchtime. Are you nervous?"

"I am not sure. Your family has been nothing but nice to me so I don't have a reason but I'm not sure how your dad and Uncle Cam are going to feel about me staying with you now that we are more than friends."

She smiled over at me. "More than friends? Does that mean I get to kiss you whenever I want to?"

"It absolutely means that." I laugh and she leans in for a kiss.

A little bit later we are in her jeep heading to her aunt and uncle's place.

"Are you going to have your Jeep shipped here?"

"I think I should. I need to get on that huh?" I laughed.

"Yeah, you probably should unless you want to hitchhike."

"Oh, I see how you are Julia."

I reach over and linked my fingers with hers and squeezed them.

We pull up and I take a deep breath before we get out of the jeep. We met in front of the jeep and she grabbed my hand and linked her fingers in mine and smiled at me.

We walked down to where everyone was and Julia giggled. "Got room for two more?"

"Oh goodness! I knew you would come back!" Violet laughed.

"I hope you guys don't mind me coming to eat."

"No way come to have a seat!" Levi said.

Coop walked over and patted me on the back. "I will tell you just one time be good to my baby or you have to answer to all of these muscles." He laughed.

"I promise sir."

"It's just Coop and I am messing because she will whip your ass if you do anything to harm her."

"If she doesn't I will." Cam smiled.

"Tough crowd." I laugh.

Alissa and Jacob walked up and Jacob sit down beside me. "Hey, Kayden!"

"Hey man!" I smile.

I was so glad that Jacob sit down beside me. I like Julia's family but I am still the new guy and they make me nervous.

Plus Jacob is the new guy.

"Oh, my uncle said to come down and talk to him that he may know someone's law office for you."

"Thanks, Jacob. I appreciate that."

Everyone sit down around the long table and we eat until we were so full.

When it was just Julia, Cam, and me still at the table I wanted to ask about a building but I wasn't sure how to bring it up and it was like Julia read my mind.

"Uncle Cam do you have any buildings empty downtown?"

"Yeah, why you ask?"

"Kayden may want to open his own practice."

Cam laughed. "I actually have one right near the police station I acquired a while back if you want to look at it."

"Thanks, Cam I would love to look at it."

"Sure I have the keys in my truck and you guys can go check it out. It's the next building up above the station. It's a brick building."

"Thanks, Uncle Cam. I will get your keys back to you. I think we will go check it out."

"Grab them out of my truck."

Once Julia walked away Cam smiled. "I was just giving you a hard time. I am glad that you came back. Julia looked like a sad pup after you left."

"Thanks I was nervous but I knew she was my missing piece. I couldn't be without her any longer."

"I think you will do ok in this town. Everyone needs a lawyer and what a better one than one close to the police station?" He laughed.

"Yeah, that would be nice." I laughed.

Julia walked back over with the big band of keys and jiggled them. "Ready to go look?"

"Yes let me thank everyone for the food."

"Suck up." Julia giggled.

I walked over and thanked all of the ladies for food and Remi walked up with a bag of cookies.

"Thanks, Remi."

"Which one is your favorite?"

"The coconut but the mint chocolate chip comes in second."

I followed Julia over to the jeep and we took off toward the building downtown.

When we pulled up I was impressed by the outside of the building.

"This looks nice Kayden."

"A lot nicer than I thought it would look." I smiled over at her.

She unlocked the door and we walked in and wow it was nice inside. I wouldn't need to do much of anything to it but move in.

"What do you think?"

"I like it and it has a lot of potentials."

"Looks like it's all set up."

"I need to talk to my dad about things but I definitely am interested. I will talk to your Uncle Cam tomorrow when we go for our run."

"Say what?" She laughed.

"Your dad and Cam asked Jacob and me to run with them in the morning."

"Oh goodness wanting to keep your abs Kayden?" She smiled biting her lip.
"Maybe I mean I hear they are a turn on."

"Is that so? I don't see them often enough to know." She laughed walking back out of the building.

" She laughed walking back out of the building