15🚔

I was excited to meet Kayden's family but a little nervous as well

I was excited to meet Kayden's family but a little nervous as well. I wasn't sure what they would think I was to Kayden.

"You clean up nice." I smiled.

"So do you, Julia. Are you ready to go?"

"Let me grab the cookies."

Once in the jeep, I kept my eyes glued to the door window looking at all of the beautiful houses and scenery.

"You are very quiet over there Julia."

"Just taking in this gorgeous scenery. Can you take me to the fishing hole before we leave?"

"Sure if not today definitely tomorrow." He laughed.

We pulled up at this mansion-looking house and my mouth dropped.

"My parent's house."

"Well, this is beautiful Kayden."

"Let's go in so you can meet everyone." He smiled.

God his smile was panty-dropping.

We walked in the front door and all I could see was a huge staircase.

I followed him into the kitchen and I recognized his dad right away because he looked like him.

"Dad this is Detective Julia Holgate."

"It's just Julia." Nice to meet you, Mr. Cresswell."

"Just call me Dane." He smiled.

A woman walked into the kitchen and she was smiling and rushed over to me and wrapped me in her arms.

"Oh, you must be Julia! I am so glad you came. I am this one's mom but you can call me Pria."

"It's nice to meet you. My Aunt Remi made these cookies for you."

"Mom you will love these," Kayden said.

Pria took the lid off and gasped when she saw all of the cookies.

"Oh, I'm hiding these from the guest." She laughed.

I ended up meeting his grandparents. Rob and Kay and then Simon and Yvette.  A little later I met his Uncle Aaron and Aunt Sophia and her husband Preston.

And lastly, I met the bride Lauren as she was getting ready for her big day.

"I have heard so much about you. So you carry a gun?"

"I do!"

"Who knew Kayden would find him a girl."

"Oh, Lauren you have it wrong. We are just working on a case together."

"Weddings bring people together." She sung.

I couldn't help but shake my head. I went to find a bathroom and when I came out Kayden was standing at the door.