4🚔

A couple of days later I was off from work and decided to go down to the beach for a while

I applied my sunscreen and laid back on my blanket when a shadow appeared over me.

I squinted my eye open and saw Tyler.

"Hey, sis!"

"I haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been?"

"Around." He sits down on the sand next to me.

"What did you do now?"

He scratches his head and looks over at me. "I need your help."

I roll my eyes. "That's the only time you come around."

"That's not true but listen I was out with some friends and I umm got drunk and slept with a girl who wasn't eighteen."

"Tyler omg! You could be in so much trouble."

"I know! That's why I came to you and not mom or dad. They will kill me."

"What's your defense?"

"Umm I was drunk and she looked of age."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I will look at your case. When do you go to court?"

"Next month and umm your the best sis."

"Sure sure now scurry off to wherever you came from." I laughed as he ran away.

Will he ever learn? I lay there a while longer before packing my stuff up and taking it home before walking up the beach to Cookie Grounds.

I walk in and smile at Aunt Remi

I walk in and smile at Aunt Remi. She is still hard at it making cookies.

"Hey, Julia! Come for cookies and a slushy?"

"Yes please." I smile.

Joy comes out with a fresh batch of strawberry cookies and I have to have one.

"Thanks, Joy!"

"I can't say no to you sweet girl. How are you since being shot."

"I am good as new." I smile.

I walk over to a table and take a seat and go over Jacob's papers again. The lawyer should be in town soon.

I pick up the folder and slushy and head outside to those tables with umbrellas over them.

The wind is blowing and one of the papers starts flying away and I jump up to grab it and run face-first into a hard chest.

"Oh god, I am so sorry."

I look up at the guy and holy moly was he good-looking and I'm sure he's not from around here.

"Lose something?" He smiles.

"More like it ran away." I laugh.

He hands me the paper back and heads inside Cookie Grounds and I can't help but get a glance at his ass.

I am engrossed in my papers when I look up he is sitting across from me eating a cookie.

Aunt Remi walked out and over to me. "Here take a few more home with you and please try not to get shot again anytime soon."

I laugh. "I will try my best. Thanks, Aunt Remi." I gather up my folder and cookies and start walking back up the beach.

When I get home I decide I need to look into Stan's son again and find out if it's the same guy that was with Jacob the night the murder happened.

I grab my laptop and go out on the deck.

Looks like Stan had two sons. One was killed when he was twelve by a gunshot and another one was named Otis that is Jacob's age.

The deeper I search turns out Jacob and Otis graduated together and were on the football team together.

The girl that was bludgeoned to death went to school with them too. I need to see if fingerprints were on the pipe she was beaten with.

I write my notes down and put the laptop back on the counter and grab a glass of wine and go back outside.

My mind wanders back to that hot guy at Cookie Grounds that didn't look like he belonged on the beach in a suit.

I finish my wine and head inside for the night. I put the glass in the dishwasher when my phone beeps.

📱 I have arrived a day early. Maybe we can meet up tomorrow and go over the case?
📱 Sounds good. Do you mind cats or coffee?
📱 Umm no why?
📱 Good! Meet me at coffee meow at 10 am?
📱 Now I get why you asked. 10 sounds good. See you then.
📱 See you.

I lock my door and head to bed. I have to get up early and go see Jacob before meeting this lawyer.

It seems like by the time I doze off to sleep the alarm wakes me up.

I shower and fix my hair and put on makeup and get dressed. I look at myself in the mirror as I slip my badge over my head.

I look like my mom.

I grab my gun, phone and keys and head down to the jail.

I set down and wait on Jacob to come out handcuffed.

They cuff him to the table and leave the room.

"Jacob I am meeting with that lawyer today but I have a question for you."

"Shoot Ms. Holgate."

"That's my mother! It's Julia but were you friends with Otis Nice?"

"Yeah, we hung out. He was a part of our group that always supplied the dope we smoked."

"I knew it! See this bullet around my neck? His father Stan gave this to me and I know that Otis was involved in this murder and you were framed."

"Otis ran from the law and I'm not sure he's ever been found."

"Don't you worry about that I will have eyes on him soon and I guarantee his fingerprints are on that pipe that Sandy was hit with."

"I swear to you Julia I didn't kill her because I was in love with her."

I grab his hands with the cuffs on and squeeze them. "I will figure this out. I am heading to meet the lawyer now I just needed to know if you knew Otis or not."

"I didn't know it mattered all of this time."

"Everything matters and it's just a matter of time before I find him." I smile at him walking out the door.

Desibear91 Thank you for the 📸