10⚖️

I like to never got to sleep

I like to never got to sleep. I am not sure why I agreed to come to her house but well I was curious.

I didn't sleep very well because I couldn't stop thinking about her in bed close to my room.

I took a shower and stepped into the room and changed my clothes before making my way to the kitchen when I walked into the room a man was sitting at the bar talking to Julia.

"Morning Kayden!"

"Good morning!"

"This is my Uncle Cam. Uncle Cam this is Kayden Cresswell and he is helping me with a case."

"Nice to meet you Kayden but in the nicest of ways I'm watching you."

I hold up my hands and laugh.

"Uncle Cam! He's been the perfect gentleman leave him alone."

"Your mom told me what you two pulled on Nolan yesterday."

I couldn't help but smirk.

"Mom said he was mad and well that was the point." Julia laughed.

Damn even her laugh was cute.

"Well, I have to get going but wanted to check in with you Julia."

"Thank you Uncle Cam I love you!"

"I love you too Julia."

Once he left she turned around. "Would you like some waffles?"

"Sure sounds good."

"Sorry about Uncle Cam he is very protective and was even in the delivery room when I was born."

"Wow really?"

"Yeah at mom's head. He was in the military with dad but he's mom's best friend."

"It makes sense as to why he would be the way he is with you. Does he have his own kids?"

"Oh yeah my best friend Alissa and they have Ryker but he's in the air force."

"You sound like a big happy family."

"We are and if you are here Saturday you must come to dinner on the beach."

"Every Saturday?"

"Yeah, every Saturday!" She smiles.

"That is awesome that everyone comes together to eat on the beach."

"It's been a thing for a very long time. It's weird without grandpa Davis but we still do it."

"I am sorry to hear that." I picked up our plates and headed over to the sink and she followed me putting them in the dishwasher.

"Thanks! Maybe we should head down to the station and then go check in with Jacob?"