9🚔

After lunch, we went back to the station to see if there was any news before walking back over to his motel room

"No news is not always good news." He said when we walked into his motel room.

"Yeah, I guess we could look at it that way. If they don't hurry he will get out and then we will have to chase him again."

"I don't doubt your mom and dad can't find him. They seem like the dynamic duo."

"Oh they always have been I have been told. That's what Nolan wanted us to have." I laughed rolling my eyes.

"I hate to tell you but he was standing in the door with his arms crossed when we walked across the road to my room."

"Kayden! You know he thinks we are sleeping together."

"It's really none of his business." He shrugged.

"Oh, so you want to sleep together?"

"Umm sure." He smirked.

I knew he was bluffing but when I started to lift my shirt he ran over and grabbed the bottom of my shirt.

"Whoa wait! I was just kidding."

"So was I Kayden but I wanted to see your face."

"I try not to sleep with my clients."

"I am not your client."

"Well true but I'm not staying and it could get messy."

"Don't want anything to remember me by?" I smirk.

"I know you are messing with me, Julia."

There was a knock on the door and I reach for my gun while Kayden looks in the peephole.

"It's Nolan." He whispered.

"Tell him I am in the shower." I run to the bathroom and close the door cutting on the water.

It wasn't long before he was knocking on the door and he was laughing.

"I wish you could have seen his face. He looked pissed."

I couldn't help but smile.

"I forgot to mention I was putting my shirt on when I opened the door.

"Kayden!"

My phone beeped and I looked down and saw it was mom.

📱 Julia! Did you sleep with Kayden?
📱 Is that what Nolan said?
📱 Yeah, he's irate.
📱 Good. Wanted him to think that but no I didn't sleep with him just made it seem that way.
📱 God you act just like me haha!
📱 I get it honest. Love you mom.
📱 Love you too!

"Well, he's already running his mouth about it already and to my parents!"

"No shit!"

"I guess he's mad but I have already told him I'm not interested. He just wants another one under his belt."

"Oh, he's one of those?"

"Yeah and I just find him to be slimy."

"If I'm not in some type of relationship I don't sleep around."

"Same and it's been a while and I was ready to break my code."

"I don't know if your picking or serious but you just inflated my ego, Julia." He laughed.

We sit down around the table and went over Jacob's files more to see if we missed anything.

By the time 10 pm came around I yawned and decided I should head home.

"I should get home. I will see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'm excited to lay on this lumpy ass bed for another night. My back is miserable." He laughed.

Before I could think I blurted out. "Kayden I have a huge house and a bunch of bedrooms you can stay with me."

"Are you sure?"

"Sure! Do you want to go now or stay the night?"

"I would rather go with you, Julia."

I gathered up the paperwork while he gathered up his clothes and then he walked down turning in his keycard while I walked across the road with his suitcases.

When he walked across the road running his fingers in his hair I was kicking myself for letting him stay.

What if he is here a month or so. I am royally screwed.

He got in my jeep and we headed toward home. When we pulled in I helped him grab his bags and unlocked the door.

"Kayden make yourself at home if you want something to eat or drink."

"Thanks, I appreciate that Julia."

"It's no problem. Follow me upstairs to a bedroom."

I cut on a few lights along the way and led him upstairs to a bedroom that is decorated in blue.

"There is a bathroom right through there and you saw the kitchen coming in."

"This house is awesome. Can you take me and let me look at the water?"

"Sure. Want a beer?"

"Yeah, I will take one."

I grab two beers and walk out the side door to the deck and we sit on the outside furniture.

"Wow, what a view and to hear the water and smell the beachy air I love it."

"I come out here and set a lot and listen to the waves. The beach is in my blood."

"My mom would love you. I will have to video this tomorrow and send it to her."

I smile over at him. "I think I'm ready for bed I have a long day tomorrow."

"I will be going in with you to look over things and try to push the lab before Otis gets set free."

We walk inside and I shut the door and set the alarm and he follows me upstairs.

"If you need anything I am in the room at the end of the hall."

"Thanks again Julia for letting me stay with you."

"It's no problem. Goodnight Kayden."

"Goodnight Julia."

I walk down to my room and walk in shutting the door leaning against it.

What the hell was I thinking?

I walk to the bathroom and take a shower and then get in bed and when I close my eyes all I can think about is that Kayden and all of his hotness is in a room down the hall in my house.

I smack my forehead and turn over and try to go to sleep.  I toss and turn half the night until the alarm goes off the next morning.