Chapter 31| Humiliation

Huang Dewei was sitting on his bed while reading a book. All he does these days was read a book since he had nothing to do due to his hand injury. His hand was healing little by little and he have not seen Wang Lei for the past few days. He was probably busy but he do send Cheng to check up on him as well doctors. 

Huang Dewei thought when there was a knock on his door. The door opened and Xin Ying entered inside. He was surprised by her presence but he closed away the book and greeted her. He was about to stand up for her but she stopped him

'No need to stand up and greet me. You should rest.' On Xin Ying's words, he stopped and stayed on his bed as he spoke up

'How I can help you, my empress?' Huang Dewei asked respectfully

'Don't be so formal with me Huang Dewei...we are way close with each other for these formalities...we used to share an intimate relationship.' Xin Ying  said as she reminded him of their past and Huang Dewei said nothing.

'How are you feeling now?' Xin Ying asked as she looked around his tiny room and Huang Dewei replied

'Better, my hand is getting better.'

'I did not know you were this possessive about my husband Huang Dewei.' Xin Ying said as she started the conversation and Huang Dewei surprised looked up towards her who sarcastically just smile to him. She clearly had meaning behind her statement and Huang Dewei understood it. She probably knew about his feeling regarding Wang Lei. The way he acted anyway who witness would have found out about it.

'I believe  you have some kind of misunderstanding.' Huang Dewei said not accepting the whole truth in front of her.

'Are you trying to take your revenge on me since I rejected you for Wang Lei?' Xin Ying asked and Huang Dewei quickly shook away his head

'No, It's nothing like this. Why would I do that?'

'Then are you actually falling for Wang Lei?' Xin Ying asked and Huang Dewei said nothing in response as he heard her laugh

'You have really lost your mind? Do you want to be his whore? I thought you would have more self-respect than this.' Xin Ying said sarcastically and Huang Dewei was hurt by her words. Xin Ying was boiling over anger regarding their relationship from past few days because she was not worry that Huang Dewei had some feeling for Wang Lei, but she knew it was mutual. She knew Wang Lei had feelings for Huang Dewei as well.

'You are having a misunderstanding...we share only a professional relationship.' Huang Dewei replied back in his defend

'Which includes you warming up his bed as well.' Xin Ying taunted and Huang Dewei turned red with ashamed and embarrassment. He can never get used to this gossip about them. Huang Dewei bite his lips as he stayed quiet. He already said to her it was just a misunderstanding yet she was not believing him.

'You should be ashamed of yourself.' Xin Ying screamed furiously as she throw away the vase from his side table and Huang Dewei jumped in his place.

'People like him don't feel any shame.' A person entered inside said and they looked towards the person who just had entered and it was Chen Ju. Ai Cong entered following closely behind her. Huang Dewei was surprised by their presence but Xin Ying was not as she explained

'I asked what she knew about you and Wang Lei's relationship and she told me about rumours which I never heard before. I was shocked and surprised.' Xin Ying said and Huang Dewei was dumbfounded. He had not understood what all these women wanted from him. They had everything including money, statue, power and position while Huang Dewei was just a cheap slave. While, through their eyes, he had what they wanted the most and that was Wang Lei. He had Wang Lei wrapped around his figure like a puppet and they can't digest that Wang Lei would choose him over them.