Chapter 72| Moon Festival

The moon festival was here as the moon was brightly shining in the sky. The palace was opened for everyone to come and enjoy the festival under the strict protection of guards and the military army. Today, anyone and everyone was allowed inside the palace. The palace was shining with lights all over it while the streets and houses of people were also decorated and were brightly shining like stars on the earth. The party was in full swing with all types of food also available outside the street of the palace and music and dance festivals were going on.

The alcohol was being served to everyone. Unlike in the past when the ranking of your statue mattered. The rich powerful elites were given the front part of the palace and enjoyed everything experienced whether it was food, alcohol or music while the poor were given a section which was behind them and outside the palace. However, for the past two years, the rules had been changed. Wang Lei changed the rules as the food was also served to the poor nation. The street outside the palace was filled with street stalls which were organised by the Emperor with delicious and expensive food for everyone and that too free for the nation. When this rule came all the rich and powerful people had an issue. They did not like the idea, but Wang Lei did not bend down and they had to accept it. Even Wang Wei could not stop him despite he does not like the mixing of all people like this.

At the Moon Festival, the Emperor always gives a speech and listening to that speech was an honour to Wang Dynasty's nation. Wang Lei walked up to the stage as everyone bowed down and welcomed him. Xin Ying in her Emperess clothes was standing next to him with her fake stomach while Chen Ju and Huang Dewei in their full concubine clothes were standing at the back. Wang Lei greeted his nation and started his speech. The speech lasted for ten minutes and was heard respectfully. As Wang Lei ended the speech it was responded back with claps and appreciation. Wang Lei was thankful for his nation as he bowed down to them and they all bowed down back to him. Wang Lei the Emperor of the Wang Dynasty was the best thing ever for his people. He was changing so many things for the better of his nation and they blindly trusted him and accepted whatever he say. Wang Lei earns that trust from his people with years of hard work and shows his work through his actions and not just words.

When Wang Lei finished his speech he turned over to his family and then pointed the servant to come with gifts and gives Xin Ying, Chen Ju, Huang Dewei, and Wang Wei with expensive clothes and gold. They all accepted it as they bowed down to him. That was the tradition of the moon festival. Wang Lei greeted them back when Xin Ying came forward and gave him a gift, It was an expensive gold chain. Huang Dewei suddenly felt weird holding a gift in his hand. He got him a new gift after ruining that perfectly made painting. Wang Lei said his thanks while Chen Ju moved forward and gave him an expensive silk-made robe. It was extremely beautiful. Huang Dewei felt even more nervous as he quickly hide his gift behind his back as he took a few steps away from him.

His father, Xin Ying and Chen Ju's father came and gave him more expensive gifts. There was even no one present from Huang Dewei's family. His family could not come since they live too far away. But he knew, his father does not want to waste money on buying presents and that was the reason he was not here. He was also happy they did not come since they would only come and ask for more money or favours from Wang Lei. He knew even if they had come, they could never afford something this expensive to give Wang Lei according to his standard. But it still hurts that they actually did not come nor send any gift for him. Huang Dewei was disappointed.

Wang Lei called out to Cheng and gave him all the gifts to put away. Other ministers' and nations' gifts were not given directly to him but were given to the gift centre. Wang Lei bowed down to thank everyone then he moved and walked toward Huang Dewei as he stopped in front of him.

'Where is my gift?' Wang Lei asked as he stopped in front of him like a kid waiting for his favourite gift.

'Well...' Huang Dewei trailed off not knowing what to say while everyone else was looking at them.