Chapter 86| No More Pearl Magic

After taking the exhaustive long journey, they both had reach to the Lian Dynasty. Upon arriving at Lian Dynasty, they met their Emperor Lian Hong. Lian Hong welcomed them warmly with gifts and music. Wang Lei and Huang Dewei were pleasantly surprised over their hospitality but it left positive impact in their minds.

After the arrival meeting, they both were less into the guest hall where others people of Lian Hong nation were also waiting for them. They all greeted each other and sat down. Everybody was giving them respect, especially Lian Hong. He made them sat down comfortably as he served them with drinks as the music show started. A woman half naked came on the stage and started performing belly dancing when Lian Hong looked towards Wang Lei as he spoke up

'You are brave. You had done something which no one had ever done and I wish I had enough courage to do it, Lian Hong said as they both looked at his sad face confused. Wang Lei and Huang Dewei looked between each puzzled while Lian Hong stares at their faces and continued to explain

'I had a male lover too but never was able to give him respect the way he deserved. He lived as my sex toy.' Lian Hong said as there was regret and sadness over his face and voice while now Wang Lei and Huang Dewei had understood what he was referring to. He was referring to Wang Lei accepting Huang Dewei as his concubine despite Huang Dewei being a male.

'Where is he now?' Wang Lei asked curiously

'He died.' Lian Hong replied simply as tears formed in his eyes.

'Oh, I am sorry.' Wang Lei quickly said as he felt guilty and regretful for asking about it.

'It's alright. You did not know about it.' Lian Hong replied as he smiled with tearful eyes and they all looked away ending the conversation but there was some heaviness in the atmosphere now. Huang Dewei looked back at him and smiled at him. Huang Dewei then stares at his hand in Wang Lei's and felt proud. He probably takes his value for granted since that is how everyone treats him in the palace but he indeed was lucky to have Wang Lei who tries his best to give him equal respect and position like others.

They watched the dance performance in silence then ate the food and then were taken to the guest room.

'I am assuming you will be living in the same room?' Lian Hong said as he showed them their huge room on which Wang Lei nodded his head.

'Yes, we will be living in the same room. Thank you for your service.' Wang Lei responded and Lian Hong smiled.

'Do you want to rest or shall we discuss our deal first?' Lian Hong asked

'I would like to discuss the deal first.' Wang Lei replied and Lian Hong nodded his head as he headed towards Lian Hong's office chamber for further discussion while leaving Huang Dewei in their room.

'Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised that you rejected doing a deal with the ruler of Qi, Huizhongi.' Lian Hong said as he started off the conversation and Wang Lei sighed

'I did not like his attitude and thoughts. It was not up to my level.' Wang Lei truthfully answered and Lian Hong smiled impressed. He was already impressed by Wang Lei.

'What kind of deal would you like to have with us?'Wang Lei asked getting straight to the point.

'I would like to ask a deal regarding art and music from you since Wang Dynasty is known to have great knowledge regarding art and music. I would like people and students from Lian  Dynasty to go there and learn. What do you think about it?' Lian Hong said as he told deal offer from his side on which Wang Lei nodded his head as he carefully thought about it.

'I like your thinking of improving the wellbeing of your nation. I would agree with this deal since people coming from here to learn in Wang Dynasty will help boost the Wang Dynasty's economy. This will also help bring more money and jobs to people in Wang Dynasty.' Wang Lei said as he gave his opinion on the agreement and Lian Hong sighed in relief. They both looked at each other and smiled. Lian Hong put out an agreement in front of him and they both sighed it off with their signatures. Once the agreement was finalised, alcohol was served to celebrate the deal. After few drinks down, Wang Lei looked at Lian Hong and asked him.