Chapter 49| Concubine's Ceremony

The palace had been decorated with yellow bright lights as it was glowing with happiness. The ceremony of  Huang Dewei's concubine had taken place.  In his heavy dress, he was extremely tired yet he was looking very beautiful and delicate. They had signed the contract as proof that Huang Dewei was Wang Lei's concubine now while the dance celebrations were going now right now. Everyone was present from the palace as well as important people from the other dynasties.

Wang Lei looked towards Huang Dewei who was looking at the dance performance with no expression. He knew he was still angry with him. He sighed and looked away. For the next hour, the dance performance was completed and everyone ate the food. 

Emperors and highly influenced people from other dynasties were surprised that Wang Lei took in a male concubine but after seeing Huang Dewei's beauty they knew why he did it. Huang Dewei was an extremely pretty-looking man. They all would like to keep him as a sex toy, but now he was taken. He belongs to Wang Dynasty Emperor hence everyone should keep their hands and eyes away. That was the message given to everyone through this concubine's ceremony and they all understood it. 

However, rich people from Wang Dynasty were not happy at all with this ceremony or over the power Huang Dewei possessed now after becoming the Emperor's concubine, but poor people were delighted with this new change which can bring some ease for them too. 

After everyone ate the dinner, usually the end of the ceremony, however. Huang Dewei's ceremony have one important thing to do which was to receive an apology from Xin Ying, Chen Ju, and An Cong for cutting his hair. They all stood in front of him and bowed down as they apologised. Chen Ju especially hates it but it was Emperor's order hence she can't go against it. Everyone has heard the story behind this ceremony but they still were surprised that Wang Lei actually let his wife and other rich statue concubines apologise to some low-level slave who had become his concubine... However, no one said a word.

Late in the night, once the ceremony was completed, everyone was put into guestrooms to rest and provided with everything they could need while Huang Dewei was sent to his new huge residence which was luxurious and expensive. It was a beautiful residence with a bedroom, a long corridor, a small garden and a pond at the back and guest rooms where he can let his parents or relatives stay when they would come to meet him.

Xin Ying, Chen Ju and An Cong, all have their own residence just like him and which were right next to each other within some walking distance between them. Wang Lei's residence and office chamber were a little far on the other side but still within walking distance. This was the area for Emperor's wife and concubines to stay. It had everything anything desired. Huang Dewei's parents were so much happy over this ceremony than Huang Dewei himself. They kept telling him to get maids and servants for himself but he was against it hence they let go of the topic. They also wanted to stay here to enjoy this new luxurious life, but Huang Dewei made them go back with the promise that they can come back to meet him soon. 

Even though Qianfan agreed with Huang Dewei's condition that they will go back home, he did not want to. What difference does that make to them that their son was now Emperor's concubine so when Wang Lei came to say goodbye to them, they decided they should get something before they will go away there. 

'Your highness, if you don't mind we have a request?' Qianfan said as he bowed down to him

'Yes, you can make your request.'

'You know we come from a low-status level and we are struggling with money. If possible can you provide us with the money? Our house is old and is slowly falling apart for a long time...we need money to renew it...it is Huang Dewei's favourite place since he spends his childhood there...we would be grateful if you give us money.' Qianfan said as he emotionally blackmail by telling him about this house being Huang Dewei's favourite place while Wang Lei nodded his head then he looked towards Cheng and ordered him to get money and give them. Cheng nodded his head and walked out