Chapter 82| Conspiracy

Ru Qin knocked on the door as he entered inside Wang Lei's chamber. He bowed down to him as he greeted them then looked up towards him who was waiting for him. He called him here and Ru Qin was happy and hopeful upon hearing that he wanted to see him.

'Did you call for me, Lei?'  Ru Qin said excitedly

'Don't use the nickname.' Wang Lei snapped warned him and Ru Qin's smile dropped. He was still keeping the boundaries between them. He wonders why he calls him here then?

'The police guards who took bribe from you, I have been investigating them and they both are dead. Someone murdered them. One of them died a few years back while one died two days ago.' Wang Lei said as he told him in investigation and Ru Qin felt hurt upon knowing that he call him for the work. Ru Qin was hopeful for no reason. The more he stayed closer to Wang Lei, the more he was disappointed because he was realising that Wang Lei had move on and does not love Ru Qin anymore. He can see care for him in Wang Lei's heart but no love.

'I did not know that they were murdered. It is nothing to do with me.' Ru Qin quickly said in his defence.

'I trust you.' Wang Lei simply said and Ru Qin eyes shine upon seeing Zhang Lei's trust on him. The way he betrayed him he did not had hope that Wang Lei would have some trust on him. Whereas Wang Lei knew him that much to know that he will not kill anyone. Ru Qin could be a cheater but not a murderer.

'Really, you do?'  Ru Qin asked delightedly.

'But I need to ask something from you regarding it?'Wang Lei said completely ignoring his excitement and Ru Qin sighed as he stopped smiling.

'How I can help you, your highness?' Ru Qin said as he got professional as well

'The man who got murdered had been buying expensive art for years which was not possible with his salary. How much bribe did you give him? I doubt you gave him this much to buy arts for years.' Wang Lei said as he asked him but Ru Qin was feeling uncomfortable about where this was leading to. He was ready to answer all question which Wang Lei had about his past.

'You know I am poor so I can't afford to give him this much bribe.' Ru Qin replied truthfully yet his heart was rapidly beating inside his chest.

'I know but what about the man you cheated with? Who was he? and where is he now?' Wang Lei asked and Ru Qin's heart dropped. He knew it was leading towards him. He felt restless spread inside him.

'He would never do anything like this...He is innocent.' Ru Qin said quickly and Wang Lei intensely stares at him.

'Ru Qin, tell me who is he? I did not find out about him seven years ago since I was not in my sane mind after your betrayal but if I want to find I can so just tell me. Don't make me work hard.' Wang Lei said as he warned him while waiting for his reply. Ru Qin stares at him and then sighed. That was the first time he called him by his name. Ru Qin felt like he was old same Wang Lei to him for a second when he took his name.

'There is no point finding him since he is dead. Someone killed him a few years back.' Ru Qin said and Wang Lei was surprised by his answer. He was not expecting that response.

'Any idea who that someone one?' Wang Lei asked next and Ru Qin just shook away his head.

'Is there anything you hiding from me Ru Qin? Is there something more to the story than you just betraying me seven years ago?' Wang Lei asked a little suspicious and Ru Qin looked at him as he nervously shook away his head. Wang Lei stares at him few seconds then sighed

'Got it. You can go now.' Wang Lei said as he looked away back towards the document in front of him and Ru Qin was hurt that he was only called here for work but he said nothing. Just bowed down to him and walked out leaving him behind with his work. Wang Lei went back to his work late till night. He was exhausted while he found nothing much for further investigation. He needs to start all again and probably from a different perspective but for now, he should have some rest. His Father's birthday was coming in a few days as well.