Chapter 69| Rain does not seem as scary as losing him.

Huang Dewei widely smiling was eating his afternoon lunch. He could not help and grin since last night after Wang Lei's confession. He knew Wang Lei was angry with him, but that does not change the fact that he loves him. His body was also in pain due to what happen last night, but they had but mentally he was still feeling fresh.

After finishing off his meal, he got up and walked out with the intention of taking a walk outside. He reached at the pearl garden but Wang Lei was already there with Xin Ying. He was helping her walk around the garden since she was into five months of her pregnancy. Her belly was a little showing. She probably can walk by herself but Wang Lei wanted to help her and that was a sweet gesture. Huang Dewei was not jealous because he understand that he needs to give time to his wife and their unborn child. Huang Dewei can't stop him from having a great relationship with his child neither does Huang Dewei have any intention of this sort. Wang Lei had a bad relationship with his father hence Huang Dewei knew he would wanted to have a very trustworthy and great relationship with his child in future.

He walked towards him and greeted them as Xin Ying responded back to him with a smile but Wang Lei ignored him as he furiously looked away like a child. Huang Dewei could not help and smile. He was giving him some time and space but he definitely will be talking to him about the whole confession soon. He said nothing else to say so he walked away leaving them alone and giving them some privacy. Wang Lei helped Xin Ying with a walk and then left her in her chamber with the advice to take care of her and the unborn baby.

Meanwhile, Huang Dewei came out from the garden as he headed towards the back of the palace where everyone was working. The moon festival was coming up. A Wang Dynasty national festival where everything gets decorated to celebrate the new lunar year. The whole nation was preparing for the function. Huang Dewei looked around at servants and maids as he greeted them then he decided he would go out of the palace for a walk. He came out and even people were busy working on the streets. It was grand yearly function which always bought happiness and merriment to the Wang Dynasty nation.

Everyone looked delighted and cheerful while preparing for the upcoming function as that made Huang Dewei smile widely yet again. As he looked around he remembered that people exchange gifts that day as well. He used to do it with his family but now his family was far away from him but then he remembered Wang Lei. He should buy something for Wang Lei. Huang Dewei thought as he smile pleased with his decision. He thought hard what to buy for Wang Lei ...maybe something different from the hairpin he always gives him.

Huang Dewei decided to go to market. He walked around the market all alone, looked everywhere and could not decide what to give him. It took him hours as he went over different places and then he found something which worth giving to Wang Lei. He decided to make a hand portrait of Wang Lei and give to him.

The old man in his tiny shop was overly excited towards Huang Dewei as he was one of his few customers. The man was in his last fifties yet his drawing skills were on topmost. He probably had been doing this all his life. He was a nice man with long hair, weak fingers, small eyes and average height. The making of Wang Lei's portrait painting took hours since it was a long job. Once Huang Dewei finished, it was already getting dark.

The weather also decided to change as the wind started blowing and soon it started raining. The weather got worse as people from markets also started closing their shops and decided to head back to their houses. Huang Dewei put the painting safely inside the brown packet securing it ti make the painting does not get wet and decided to run back to the palace.

Huang Dewei started running back in the rain without an umbrella since the weather was perfectly shinnying in the afternoon and now he was also regretting coming out all alone without telling anyone at the palace. The rain got worse as thunder bolted and Huang Dewei cursed. Huang Dewei decided to run but he soon fell due to the slippy road. Huang Dewei groaned in pain as his clothes ripped from his knee but he quickly got up. He can't just stop in the middle of the road so he kept running while this time he was careful not to fall down again. But soon he realised with heavy falling rain, he can't reach the palace. It was hard and as he his gaze quickly looked around finding himself a temporary shelter.