Chapter 18| Mission

Huang Dewei was doing his morning training practice with others as he sighed tiredly. Qi Zixin looked toward his friend who look stressed as he spoke up. 

'You have not been going to his Majesty for the past few days?'

'Yes, he said he does not need me for the time being.' Huang Dewei said as they both were sweating and exhausted, they looked at each other when they saw Cheng enter the training hall and walked toward them. Huang Dewei looked toward him.

'Your Majesty wanted to see you.' Cheng said and Huang Dewei nodded his head as Cheng walked off. He looked at Qi Zixin and spoke up

'Well, are you happy now that I am going back to work?' Huang Dewei said teasingly as they both laughed and then Huang Dewei walked off. He changed back into his clothes and walked towards his office chamber. He still was not ready to meet him but now he reached the conclusion that he was someone that he can never even dream of being with, so it was better if he stayed within his limits and just performed his professional duties. He was not even sure whether he wanted to continue working as his personal bodyguard since Xin Ying was not interested in him either. He was here for her and now she does not want him either.

He reached his destination, deep breath in and out to calm himself and then knocked on his door as he entered inside. Wang Lei looked up towards him as he walked, stopped in front of him and then bowed down to him, but did not look up.

'Did you call me, his Majesty?' Huang Dewei said keeping a professional tone while he kept his composure calm because internally he was extremely nervous. Wang Lei was looking at him and he really missed seeing his face...he missed him crazily.

'How are you?' Wang Lei asked as he did not dare look away. He just wanted to keep looking at him.

'I am fine, his Majesty.' Huang Dewei replied, keeping his tone formal.

'You should look up Huang Dewei when you are talking to me.' Wang Lei complained and Huang Dewei sighed but slowly looked up meeting his eyes. Wang Lei softly smiled at him and Huang Dewei felt his heart skip a beat but he did not smile back. Huang Dewei stayed still without another word as Wang Lei sighed. He could feel the distance between them that Huang Dewei had created.

'Do you see any difference in me?' Wang Lei asked, breaking the silence as Huang Dewei carefully analysed his presence as his gaze stopped on the hairpin in his hair. He was wearing the pin Huang Dewei gave him. He would be so happy if he had not realised his reality...if only he could dream about him...he knew it was not possible and now Huang Dewei had put a lock on his heart for Wang Lei.

'It's not suiting you, his Majesty... It looks cheap and now I realise that I should never have got it for you. I will be careful next time.' Huang Dewei said as he looked back down and Wang Lei's smile dropped. He felt guilty for treating him horribly so he wanted to make him happy by wearing what he got for him and he does not look happy at all. That was Wang Lei's way of apologising to Huang Dewei because he greatly regretted his actions towards him that night.

'You did not like it?' Wang Lei asked disappointed

'I don't think that matters what I like and don't, your Majesty.' Huang Dewei replied and slowly Wang Lei realised the coldness in his tone. He was not the same Huang Dewei, he usually was.

'Are you angry with me?' Wang Lei asked restlessly because his coldness towards him was not something Wang Lei was liking.

'Why would I be angry with you, your Majesty? Do I have a right to be angry with you?' Huang Dewei asked in an icy cold emotionlessly tone and Wang Lei was taken aback. He never thought he could be angry with him like this and on top, he was scared when he was angry. Wang Lei gets angry and shouts or gives punishment while he gives silent treatment and ignores you. His way of anger was terrifying, at least to Wang Lei.