Chapter 08| Keep Calling My Name

Huang Dewei sighed as he looked at Qi Zixin who was arguing with a man standing in front of him. He was asking for a bargain on apples for the past ten minutes. Huang Dewei regretted coming here as he was feeling worse. Wang Lei send him to the guard palace to rest for a day but he found Qi Zixin who asked him if he was free to come to market with him. Huang Dewei last night made the plan of coming to market with him today when he did not know he will get into a fight and will get badly injured. Hence, he could not say no and now he was regretting it. The pain in the wound was increasing as he felt dizzier and a nuisance.

'Come on Qi Zixin, we should go now.' Huang Dewei said in an exhausted tone and Qi Zixin looked towards him.

'He is not decreasing the price. These apples are over price.' Qi Zixin replied as Huang Dewei sighed then he took out the full amount of money and gave it to the shopkeeper

'I have paid it, now please let's go.' Huang Dewei said as he walked off and Qi Zixin glared at the happy shopkeeper and then quickly followed him.

'You should not have done that. He will think he is right.' Qi Zixin complained as the weather got a little windy and the sky got darker as they heard the sound of loud thunder.

'The weather is getting worse and I just want to go back.' Huang Dewei replied ignoring his complaint. Qi Zixin said nothing and stopped at another food stall. They bought some more dry fruits for themselves to eat when suddenly the weather got worse and suddenly it started raining.

'I think we should head back to guard the palace.' Huang Dewei said and Qi Zixin nodded his head as they took the path back to the royal guard palace. The rain was pouring down as they reached back to the guard palace completely soaked in rain. They both went back to their room.

Huang Dewei closed the door behind him as he put the bag of fruits and snacks aside. He walked towards his bed and fell on it. He quickly covered himself with a blanket and painfully whined. His wounds got worse and due to rain and coldness, he got a fever.

As the night slowly took over, it was still heavily raining outside. Huang Dewei was shivering and felt helpless as he was all alone. He could feel increasing pain in his wound. He regretted going out with Qi Zixin in his condition. He should have rest. The time slowly passed as dinner time came and he missed it. He heard Qi Zixin knocking on his door but he mumbled that he was not hungry in his half-sleep and half-conscious condition. Qi Zixin said nothing and walked away thinking he must be tired from all the shopping.

Huang Dewei felt his eyes feeling heavy as his head was bursting with pain. He was feeling hungry but he did not feel like eating. His wet clothes had not completely dried down and he knew he needed to change them but he did not have enough courage to get up and change his clothes. He felt so weak when there was a knock on his door.

'It's Cheng. I am sent by his Majesty to give you herbal paste for your wound.' He heard the heavy voice of Cheng and Huang Dewei sighed. He can't send him away as he needed that herb paste for his wound. He sighed as he heard a knock again. He forced himself to come out from his bed then walked towards his door and opened it. Cheng looked at his bad condition and was taken back from it.

'Are you alright?' Cheng asked

'Yes, I am fine. Thank you for your service.' Huang Dewei replied in a gentle tone as he took the herb paste from his hand and closed the door. He quickly went back to his bed and sat down on it. He opened the herb paste and then opened his robe to apply it to his wound but he struggle.

His eyes opened and closed as he felt dizzy. He put the herb paste at a side and fell down on the bed again as he whined in pain. He quickly covered himself as he tried to warm himself. He felt more annoyed and irritated now. He needed someone to be here with him yet he had no one. He suddenly felt like crying. The pain in his wound was killing him and for that, he needed to put herb paste on it to feel some relief but he was even helpless to do that. Huang Dewei sighed bitterly while he stayed still in the bed for next many minutes when he heard a knock. He wanted to scream because why did someone keep disturbing him when he heard another knock? He forced himself to get up and angrily opened the door