Chapter 77| Misunderstood feeling

After coming back from Wang Lei's chamber, Huang Dewei changed his concubine's clothes, and Huang Dewei sat down to start off his new task. He took out all types of documents from the document room and sat down to read each of them to find any type of corruption. As long he had read it, he had yet to find any corruption. Everything seems sorted, but he knew it was impossible to not have any corruption. Some of these people have been doing some form of corruption. Huang Dewei sighed tiredly when there was a knock on the door. He looked up as Wang Lei had entered inside. Huang Dewei looked at him then as he remembered his conversation with Feng Zhi. He sadly sighed and looked away.

'Have you started your research?' Wang Lei asked as he stared at all the files and documents in front of him while trying to start a conversation with him. Huang Dewei simply nodded his head in response

'Did you find anything?' Wang Lei asked

'I can't seem to find anything.' Huang Dewei replied still not looking at him.

'Are you sure? Do you want me to give you a clue?' Wang Lei asked and first time Huang Dewei looked up at him.

'What?'

'Investigate people who have been buying art paintings and then check where they are getting their money from? Start your investigation from those people. ' Wang Lei advised him while they were looking at each other.

'How do you know that?' Huang Dewei asked curiously.

'Well, first I know that is the most common way of hiding your embezzlement or bribery. As an Emperor, that is the very least I should know. I might not look like it, but I have studied every single subject and gained knowledge regarding everything.'Wang Lei explained and Huang Dewei nodded his head as he was satisfied with his response.

'Then how I can find out who is buying art painting...I mean that's personal property and nobody gives records of that to the palace.' Huang Dewei asked while keeping moving the conversation.

'If people buy art they had to give tax. Why not start from there?' Wang Lei simply said

'Yeah...why I did not think of that.' Huang Dewei whispered and said more to himself

'But be careful there are loads of people who had to buy the art and did not pay the tax either...But I made rules very strict with taxes a few years back, so you will find some definitely paying taxes and that is your starting point.'Wang Lei said and Huang Dewei nodded his head

'I will send a list of tax and financials to you through Cheng. If you need anything then let me know. Just do your job with open eyes and mind and find the proof for me.' Wang Lei said and Huang Dewei nodded his head as he went back to his documents. There was complete silence between them.

'Are you still angry with me?' Wang Lei asked after a few seconds while breaking the silence between them and Huang Dewei stayed quiet.

'Is it punishment time for me? Are you going to ignore me now? Give me your classic silent treatment.' Wang Lei asked as he walked toward him but Huang Dewei did not look up at him. Wang Lei sighed as he moved and got hold of his face and made him look up towards him.

'Look at me, Weiwei.' Wang Lei begged desperately.

'Don't touch me. I don't want to forgive you.' Huang Dewei said as he harshly pushed away his hand and Wang Lei was hurtful.

'Why? Why I can't touch you?' Wang Lei whispered asked sadly.

'Because you touch makes me weaken.'Huang Dewei replied truthfully and Wang Lei smiled and looked at him as a smile spread across his face.