Chapter 05| Forbidden thoughts

Huang Dewei annoyed walked inside the royal guard palace as quietness welcomed him. Everyone had already gone to their chamber to rest. He make his way towards his room chamber and saw Qi Zixin was waiting for him in front of his door. As he saw Huang Dewei coming he smile and greeted him.

'Where were you, big brother? I was waiting for you.' Qi Zixin said and Huang Dewei looked towards him little surprised.

'Big brother?' Huang Dewei asked stunned.

'Well, you look like you are older than me. How old are you?' Qi Zixin replied cheekily

'Twenty-Two.' Huang Dewei replied

'Well, I am Twenty- one. See I am younger than you so you are my older brother from now wards.' Qi Zixin said as Huang Dewei nodded his head as he walked and put the key in the door of his room.

'Why are you here waiting?' Huang Dewei asked as he opened the door and they entered inside when he heard Qi Zixin.

'I was waiting for you. You are late again and missed your dinner. I save some food for you.' Qi Zixin said as he forward a black bag he was holding towards Huang Dewei. Huang Dewei took the bag and looked inside. It had some food in it. Huang Dewei got impressed with him.

'Thank you.' Huang Dewei said genuinely because he was actually hungry and he knew he was late and won't be able to eat anything. He was ready to sleep hungry tonight.

'Mention not. I hide some for you. Hope you enjoy it.' Qi Zixin said as Huang Dewei took out the food and look inside the container. It was dumplings, rice and some curry. He sat down on the bed and put his food in front of him. Qi Zixin also followed him and sat down next to him. Huang Dewei started eating and he seem very hungry. Qi Zixin thought while looking at him as he spoke up

'How was your first day at work?' Qi Zixin asked curiously

'Long day. I was asked to clean the horse ranch and feed them.' Huang Dewei replied as he swallow down food as quickly as possible.

'No wonder you seem very tired and hungry.' Qi Zixin said and silence took place between them which was broken by Huang Dewei after a few seconds

'Can I ask something from you?' Huang Dewei said while eating and Qi Zixin looked towards then nodded his head

'How can we meet the Empress' Huang Dewei asked carefully.

'Empress... you mean the Queen? Why do you want to meet the Empress?' Qi Zixin asked confused And Huang Dewei thought of an excuse. He can't tell him the real reason that they used to be lovers and he was here to get her.

'Well...my younger sister is her fan. She made a gift for her and she wanted me to give it to her.' Huang Dewei lied

'Well, then you should leave that in the gift centre. It will reach her Majesty.' Qi Zixin replied nonchalantly and Huang Dewei got a little frustrated. He knew that people can leave gifts for Empress and Emperor at the gift centre and the guard would send those gifts, letters or complaints from the nation to Emperor and Empress.

'She asked me to give it to Empress personally. I promise my sister so I wanted to fulfill it.' Huang Dewei continued to say as he lied.

'Well...then you should talk to his Majesty because if you have his permission letter with his stamp on it then the guard will let you in otherwise no other way. You could have a chance if you were the Empress' personal servant but you are not neither you can be because you are male. Only females can be the Empress' servants.' Qi Zixin explained and Huang Dewei nodded his head disappointed while Qi Zixin thought hard and then spoke up again because he really wanted to help Huang Dewei to fulfil his sister's wishes.