Chapter 5 Part 24: Secret Conversation

Start from the beginning

Kokichi's POV:

    As soon as I left the hanger, I had a giddy smile on my face. Things were finally going my way, and I found extreme delight in handcuffing her and seeing that despair filled expression on her face. That was all I could see and it made me happy and thrilled.
I could feel the remnants of the kiss I shared with her, and that provided even more of a victorious feeling. Right now, I wanted to head over to the secret room connected to the hidden bookcase to see what everyone was doing and what they would be planning.
'Nee-heehee...' I thought, 'it would be stupid of me to think that the others wouldn't be trying to find a way to help (y/n) escape me...'
I knew most certainly that the others would be trying to come up with some sort of plan to rescue her, so I needed to come up with a motive for them quickly. I needed to distract the others from (y/n) and have them target each other.
'What sorta motive should I give everyone...?' I thought, 'maybe I should take advantage of Kiyo and get him to murder someone for real this time... he would be the easiest one.'
    Kiyo was the one who wanted to murder for a specific reason, and I knew that. I was still angry with him for trying to kill my beloved, but he could still start up this killing game for real. Since (y/n) is out of the picture, she can't interfere with anything. Despite that, everyone was reluctant to trust Kiyo, so the only way he could murder would be during the night.
    It was only an idea for now, but I knew I could find something to get everyone to crack. Granted, it would be difficult to do so since everyone knew I was the enemy. I was going to find a way to make that work in my advantage if I had to.
I knew I needed to steer clear of the others. It wasn't like anyone could really do anything with the barrier. The barrier was turned on as soon as I left, and I had a couple of Exisals guarding the barrier as a precaution. All five Exisals were still in the hanger, circling around at least for now.
I quickly made my way through the maze of the Hanger I had unlocked days prior. I was used to evading the others for a surreal amount of time, so it wasn't hard to leave the hanger without anyone seeing me leave. I sprinted across the courtyard, avoiding the outside entrance to the dining hall. If some of the others were there, it wouldn't be good for me if I went in there. I needed to catch up on what everyone was doing. The part that irritated me was that I needed to keep an eye on (y/n) as well.
The irritation of needing to be two places at once really pissed me off. I wanted to spend some time with my beloved to break her to the point where she couldn't be fixed. However... I still had a game to worry about, and I wanted to get rid of Rantaro, but all of the thoughts on how to deal with him have been flooding my head for quite some time now.
I've had thoughts about getting rid of him as soon as I could, and I've had thoughts about making him suffer over time. Maybe I could make a mental blow to everyone using (y/n) as my hostage. As I walked into the school, my mind was racing with ideas on how to cause a murder.
I knew I could gather my thoughts more as soon as I got to the hidden room. I sped through the halls, making my way to the boys bathroom on the ground level of the school. As soon as I made it there, it was easy sailing for me. I went into the storage closet that led to the secret passageway to the hidden room. It was the quickest way that only I knew about.
It didn't take me long to reach the hidden room. As soon as I did, I made my way to the area where all of the surveillance monitors were. The screens lit up with images of every area around the school. Each time a new area was unlocked, a new monitor would be turned on, surveying the area that became open. The Nanokuma's also helped with keeping an eye on everything.
I sat in the chair that was in front of the monitors. My eyes scanned the screens as I focused my thoughts on what to do at this point now. I couldn't be gone for too long. I needed to find a motive and return to the hanger to keep an eye on my little toy.
    Through the Nanokuma's sight, I was able to see  everything that was happening right at the moment. I saw that damn playboy having a discussion with Kaito. I saw Maki roaming around the Exisal hanger, seemingly observing everything. I saw my beloved in the hanger bathroom on the ground as well. I was delighted to see that nothing had changed, but I wasn't stupid enough to think that was the case. There was a certain amount of time where I had no idea what was going on in the hanger, so there is a chance someone took advantage of that.
    "Nee-heehee..." I laughed, "I think the others are moving quickly when it comes to planning a rescue... I have to think of an idea for the motive."
    I knew that my motive would most definitely involve (y/n). If I used (y/n)'s safety as a motive, that would work out well for me, especially if I got to enact some pain onto her. I wanted to break the spirit of both (y/n) and the others at the same time. A devious thought entered my head at that moment.
    "Nee-heehee..." I chuckled to myself, "maybe if I inflict a little bit of pain onto (y/n) it'll make the others fear her death to the point where they have to commit a murder. A motive video with (y/n) as the main star..."
    Sometimes, the only way I could get my point across would be to use pain as a main factor. It would only take so long for (y/n) to lose her spirit. Inflicting a little bit of pain would probably speed up that process a considerable amount.
     I had a base idea for what I was going to do. I just needed to find the right way to get the results that I wanted. It was especially important for me to figure out the base rescue plan the others would be trying to come up with.
    "Monokuma~!" I called out.
    A few moments after those words flew out of my mouth, I heard the all too familiar sound of Monokuma entering my presence. Since I wasn't in here when everything happened, Monokuma would know since he was programmed to know everything that happened in a case.
    "Half his coat is black as the dead of night, and his other half is white just like freshly fallen snow," Monokuma explained, giving himself a small introduction, "it's the lovable Monokuma! What do you need, Kokichi?"
    "It's simple really," I replied, "what happened while I was on my way over here? Especially with (y/n). Did anything happen?"
    Monokuma seemed to think about it for a moment. I knew he was gathering the information on what happened while I was gone. Sometimes, it took a few moments to get a good answer.
    "Pu-huhuhu~!" Monokuma laughed, "while you were gone, (y/n) and Maki shared a little discussion together. Most of it was asking if she was okay, and part of it also had to do with Rantaro."
    "You know there has to be more than just that," I told Monokuma, "is Maki planning anything?"
    Monokuma seemed to deflate slightly in response to my question. It was like he didn't have an exact answer. It was either that, or there wasn't enough information to conclude that something was being planned.
    "Well, Maki did mention rescuing," Monokuma explained, "and the others had a discussion about that in the dining hall this morning."
"Ah, so they *were* coming up with a plan," I laughed, "would you mind elaborating?"
"Well...." Monokuma trailed off, "to summarize part of it, Rantaro told Kaede, Kirumi, Miu, Angie, Ryoma, and Maki about the video he watched. He even managed to explain the hint you left. As for the plan they were talking about, their plan revolves around Maki watching you, and Miu creating a finished product with whatever she gave (y/n)."
    'So their plan is to try to keep their true actions at bay...' I thought.
    From what Monokuma told me, the only things they had planned was having Maki, an assassin scout the hanger to find a time where I would be most vulnerable. Miu making a device similar to what she made (y/n) was also a part of their plan. Aside from that, there was nothing. I had to do something because there was already a group trying to work together.
    Maybe Monokuma should make it harder for Miu to accomplish her goal. Monokuma couldn't harm the others directly, and vice versa. I could have him go into Miu's lab while she's in the dining hall, and have him wreck up shop. It was just as easy for Monokuma to wreck things as it was for him to restock everything in each lab.
"I need you to do something to distract that cum dumpster of an inventor," I muttered, "if she is able to design another one of those machines, it'll be harder for me to find out what exactly they are up to..."
"And how do you recommend I do that?" Monokuma asked in response.
"Simple," I replied, "you wait for Miu to leave her lab, and then wreck whatever progress Miu has made on that device. Nee-heehee... it's quite simple."
Monokuma seemed to sink in response to what I told him to do. He had a dejected look on his face as his gaze met with the floor of the secret room.
"What am I, some errand bear?" Monokuma asked dejectedly.
"I mean..." I trailed off, "in this case, you are my errand bear. I was the one who programmed you riiiiiight?"
"Yeah, you're right..." Monokuma replied, "but heads better start to roll after I do this. I don't like doing errands. It's not a part of my brand..."
    I let out an annoyed sigh in response to Monokuma's words. He always seemed to get a bit dejected when I told him to do something, but that was okay. I was able to check on what I was able to check on in here, and I had a laughable way to make Monokuma even more angry.
    "Nee-heehee~!" I laughed, "since we're playing this game of doing certain tasks, I have another thing you can do that would be way too easy for you."
    "What is this secondary easy task?" Monokuma asked dejectedly in response, "my poor heart cannot take being used like this..."
    "Well, I need you to get some food from the dining hall," I replied, "it would be too dangerous if I went there myself y'know? And I have to keep my hostage from starving. If (y/n) died of starvation or dehydration, that would be veeeeery bad. I have to keep her healthy enough for her to break, so I will need you to grab a meal."
    "Alright fine..." Monokuma muttered in response, "you're lucky this task is easy. If only my cubs were back from their vacation... if they were, I'd have them do it."
    "After the whole Kubz Pad thing, I wouldn't trust them," I replied with a laugh, "now shoo. Meet me back at the Exisal Hanger. I've gotten what I've needed from here."
    It was true. The only reason I came to my hidden room was to see what the others were up to. I had to stop any plan they could come up with to save (y/n). Monokuma disappeared without a word after I told him to go. I couldn't just let my beloved starve. It was only the beginning. If she was going to be the motive, I had to decide how exactly I was going act in this case.
    I could either figure this out here, or in the Exisal Hanger where Monokuma is supposed to meet me in. There weren't many weapons here since this killing game relied on creativity to pull off. Since this was the case, like everyone else... I had to improvise. It would take me a bit to think of a good way, but considering how most people were in their dorm rooms trying to process every bit of information they revived, I knew I had time. Right now, I needed to focus on stopping the group trying to take me down right now. After I delayed whatever plans they had for at least a little bit, I could think on what exactly to use for the motive.
    With that thought set into mind, I decided to head back. I couldn't be gone for too long. I had to keep an eye on my beloved. Since Maki was lurking around the area, there was a possibility of those two having a conversation while I was making my way over here. I guess I would have to dig in a little bit more.
I couldn't let them do whatever they wanted. Everyone's good luck charm was now under my care. This miracle was ending now. There was no more brining people back to life. There was no more instances where a blackened could avoid punishment. And now that I had her where I wanted her, using her as a motive for those who she's saved... it was brilliant. Using the other's urge to protect her, I could manipulate them into killing someone. However... there was a good chance they would all gang up on me. It didn't matter though.
The only thing that mattered to me was winning this game. Even if I exposed my identity. After all, I love playing games like these on mean difficulty. It was my way of playing the game in the first place. I wanted to win my own game, that much is true, and if I have to kill everyone aside from (y/n) to complete my goal... I would....

Sorry about the short update guys! I know it's a little bit shorter, and I didn't update last week. Long story short, I went to a concert, so I was too busy to update last week. I apologize for keeping you all on your seats.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks, I'll tell you that much. But I am back, even if the update isn't that good. I might go over and rewrite some parts depending on how you guys like the chapter.

I know a week break was bad, but I assure you all I'm back, and I'm sorry I'm posting this late. This note is short to save time and publish this, so I'll see you all next week! Ciao for now- yuki_no_fuyu