Perks Of Being Vulnerable

Start from the beginning

K : what's it?

She only moved her head as a no gesture.

He picked her and placed her on bed and caressed her hair so she could fall asleep.

He came out and sat with others for 40 more minutes.

They all slept in the same hall area completely disorganised .

He came back to the room where  teja slept. He could see her forehead was covered with sweat as she tossed and turned.
He lay down beside her and grabbed her into him forcing her body to stay still as she hugged him for the warmth unconsciously.

There's no way he'll allow her to booze with random people in future.

Morning when she came out he was leaning on a car waiting for her.

T: we can use this?

She was excited.

K: I've rented this for two days.

T: really..
She jumped on him to give a hug.

T: but why did you?

K : otherwise the whole time you'll just keep panicking and complaining.

T: thanksss

K : don't use that baby voice..

T: as if I careeee.

They went to paradise beach and next was serenity beach..  They made reels and had the fish fry from the local vendor.

That night they decided to just do some random things like mimicking one person's talking and actions.

He came out for a smoke and leaned in the balcony wall and watched as the others did the whole copy act.

It was 2 minutes later Nishant came with a peg and stood there.

Nish handed him the peg and he gave his half smoked cigarette to him. It was a ritual when they used to hangout.

He kept looking as she enthusiastically started acting like someone and the whole room started laughing. He couldn't here that much but he just liked that she was here.

N : she is something else.. Ain't she.

That definitely brought his attention back to Nishant.

He looked at nish a little puzzled but didn't express it.

K : she's.

N : so... You're serious about her or it's just for few days.

This time he gave Nishant a intensified look and again he realised nish definitely despised him for some reason. Still he felt he didn't owe any explanation, not atleast to Nishant

K : I don't think I need to explain.

N : you don't need to cause it's easy for you to just cut off with people who aren't in terms with you.

K : you mean if somebody doesn't agree with me I cut them off?

Nishant didn't reply but he understood.

He chuckled a bit. If that was the case he and Vikas would have become sworn enemies by now.

K : I'm not going to answer to your question.

N: you don't need to answer me. You've to answer her.

K : that's between me and her.

This one was the portion that poked him. He looked inside the glass which he hold to react in a controlled manner.

K : what did you speak to her.. What you told her.

Suddenly it striked him to ask the question.

N : truth.

Both of them stared at each other with a glare.

K : what's that.

N : you won't be the person who'll stick around for long.

K : you can't decide that.

Then he realised this is what Nishant had told her. He turned back.

K : what did she say.

Nishant looked at him for 2 seconds.

N : l got that vibe.

It took him 20 seconds to realise it was her answer. The last line was definitely not what he was expecting to hear . He won't say this type line for her to anyone, especially not to somone whom you know just for a day or two.

She didn't mean it but it was more like she wanted to convince herself. It was just a simple answer to avoid the question and partially because she wasn't okay with "don't say Nishant anything about us" and the article had pissed her off to another extent.

K : why are you saying this. What's it to you.

N: cause you're doing the same thing from years. You find yourself new set of friends quite easily leaving the old ones.

He didn't want to clarify or discuss the old things cause these days most of the times he felt emotionally drained and a f*cking discussion about past will only make him more vulnerable.

He came back and sat beside her.

She took few chips from the plate, ate few and tried putting one in his mouth. He declined it by moving her hand.

He got a message from omi about a meeting and promo shoot for his another show next to next day. He need to go back by tomorrow.

She looked at him with a questioning face why would he look this gloomy.

T: what.

He looked at her as he sat hugging his knees to his chest.

K : they say people who care or love will accept you the way you're cause they understand you better than others.

T: so?

She didn't know where this is going.

K : Have you accepted the way I'm. Do you understand me?

He wished in his heart the answer to be yes or something relatable.

She looked at him as if he's kidding. Some party type music was playing, three or two are dancing, the whole room was noisy. She didn't get why he would ask a question like this.

T: I think I need more timeeeee..

She wasn't serious at all and her voice also suggested the same. She thought may be they could have a friendly argument about this later at night.

K : so what should I take that as. Yes or no.

She didn't know how much it'll affect him when she just moved her head cutely to say no.

He got up and started walking down.

T : kundri.. We'll just sleep here only in this hall. Pleaseee..

K : that's not a great idea.

He never dismissed her like this. She did notice the sudden change in his demeanour but didn't press on it thinking they can talk before sleep.

He got the flight ticket in his mail, it was scheduled for next day noon 12:30. he was already asleep when she came to check on him.

He wouldn't know how her hand slightly caressed his hair after she arranged the blanket to properly drape over him.

"whatever it's we'll talk tomorrow."
She whispered to his sleeping form before going back.