Chapter 65

Soleil POV

Me: Good morning baby, I know you still sleep but I'm just letting you know I'm on my way to work 💙 I'll stop by when I get off. I love you

I sent that quick text to Tremaine as I grabbed my bag, getting ready to head out for work.

He has the day off today so I know he's sleeping in.

I put my bag over my shoulder, and grabbed my water bottle, my ashtray and weed, quickly leaving out the house. Making sure to lock the door behind me.

I walked out of the house, seeing my mother out here by my car and she was talking to herself.

"Oh my gosh" I mumbled.

Here we go again.

She was speaking rapidly, and I already knew from the looks of it that she relapsed.

And considering the fact that I just got out of prison again, I really was not in the mood or right head space for this.

She turned around once she heard my door close and she said "Layyyy"

"Mom.. What are you doing here?" I asked, she walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I need you baby, I need you, I need you, I need you. We not good but we still good you feel me, you my daughter" She said and I sighed a little.

She always says that when she's high.

"What happened to you? Why did you do this again to yourself? Huh?" I said.

"I need you Lay, don't leave me here, c-come with- Woo shit" She said almost tripping and fall but I caught her and lifted her up.

"Oh my gosh- Okay, I gotta get you to the hospital" I said.

"Mannnn fuck that cuz I don't need that shit" She said.

"Yes you do, you're high! What did you take? What did you do?" I asked digging in her pockets trying to see if there was anything in it.

"It's nothing in there Lay" She said, I sighed as I dug in the other pocket.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"Used it up, I'm fine Lay, I'm fine" She said.

"No you're not, where have you even been staying?" I asked.

"The same motel" My mom said.

I sighed.

Dusty ass motel that Desireè put her in.

"Okay, we gotta- Alright. I'm finna take you to the hospital, and we're gonna get you into a program. You have no choice. I'm so sick of seeing you like this" I said.

"I don't wanna-"

"YOU GOT TO GO MOM! You have to! You need to get right! You think I wanna see you like this?! I'm tired of this shit man, let's go" I said, and she sighed.

"Oh my gosh" She said with an attitude.

She's literally like a child. It's like I'm the parent now, it's so strange.

"Get in the car" I said.

She sighed, I opened the door and she got in. I shut the door behind her before walking around to the driver's side and I got in the car.

"Keep quiet please, I gotta call my job and call off." I said.

"Okay Lay, why you talking to me like you hate me, you can't hate me" She said.

"I don't hate you" I said as I connected my car to my Bluetooth, and I searched for my manager's number.

I knew this was gone be a while, so I might as well just call off. I gotta get my mom to the hospital, find a program for her and go from there.