Chapter 9

Soleil POV

"What you doing? What's going on, I've been tryna reach you all day" Jayceon said walking in my dorm, I was angrily packing my things.

"I have to go" I said.

"Go where?" He asked.

"I have to leave this college" I said sighing.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Because I'm under 18 and my mom refused to sign the agreement so. They say I can come back when I'm 18, but I'll probably be over it then" I said.

"Wow.... Why won't your mom sign it?" He asked.

"Because she's mad for no reason at all. And petty as hell" I said.

"I'm sorry.." He said and I didn't say anything, I just continued to pack my things tryna hold in my tears. I was definitely upset that I couldn't go to college anymore, and honestly I don't think I'ma try coming back when I'm 18.

"You okay?" Jayceon asked me and I sighed.

"No. I don't wanna leave here but I have to" I said.

"Well, just come back soon as you turn 18." Jayceon said.

"It's not that simple. It's a whole ass process again, but I'll think about it" I said, as I finished packing my shit and I zipped it up. It was two big suitcases and I sat them up.

"Well... Is it coo if I still keep in contact with you? I can come get you sometimes and we can hang out." He said and I looked up at him.

"I don't mind that." I said with a smile.

Side note: If only y'all seen Tremaine's face right now lmaooooo.

"Sounds good, but damn I'ma miss seeing you around here" Jayceon said.

"I'ma miss you too, but we'll keep in contact and like you said, we'll hang out." I said grabbing my luggage and he helped me.

"You right... You okay?" He asked and I sighed.

"Yeah" I said even though I wasn't. I'm good at masking shit, for the most part.

"I'll help you bring these down. Who you gone be staying with?" Jayceon asked.

"Diana. She's a big help, but I'm gonna get on my shit and buy my car, and get my own place so I won't be in her way too long" I said.

"I'm sure you won't be in her way" He said.

"But still. I wanna do my own shit" I said shrugging.

"Damn you only 17 and you're thinking ahead, I like that." He said.

"Yep. I learned how to be independent a long time ago, since I didn't have proper guidance" I said.

"I feel you..." He said looking at me and I smiled a little before saying "Come on"

-

"Thank you Diana, for letting me stay with you for the meantime." I said as I got settled in at her apartment. She only has a one bedroom, so I'll be sleeping in her living room on the couch. Which I was grateful for that, even having a roof over my head.

"Oh it's no problem. You think you wanna go back to college once you turn 18?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. Possibly. But I'm gonna apply for some jobs and find something right now to keep me busy and bring money to help you with rent and everything" I said.

"I really appreciate that Soleil, thank you" She said.

"No problem" I said.

"You can download the indeed app on your phone, they're full of jobs you can apply for" She said.