Chapter 5

This chapter brings back so many memories😂, and Tremaine's perspective on here shocks me but doesn't at the same time lmao. Let's go.

Soleil POV

3 years later, 17 years old

Senior year

"So who you going to prom with?" Crystal asked me as we were walking to the ice cream truck after school.

"Nobody." I said.

"Why not?" She asked.

"I don't wanna go with anyone" I said.

"Well you should just go with Duke, I mean y'all live together anyway" Crystal said.

"Shit he basically is my date because we're coming together." I said shrugging. Prom was tomorrow but I wasn't excited about it at all really. It was whatever to me.

Living with Duke and his mother for the past three years have been great. They treat me just like family and I've been in a great head space ever since. I'm grateful.

"I also got some good news" Crystal said.

"What?" I asked.

"I got accepted to the same college as you!" She said and I gasped.

"For real?!" I said.

"Yep, we ain't finna be apart, fuck that" Crystal said and I gave her a hug.

Crystal became my best friend during these years of high school, so we applied to go to the same college, Cal State Dominguez Hills.

"That just made my whole day" I said laughing as we stood in the line.

"Aye wassup Soleil" Tremaine said turning around. I didn't even notice that that was him in front of me, and he was holding his new girlfriend's hand. He been dating her our whole senior year. I don't talk to her.

"Wassup" I said.

Crystal looked at me scrunching her eyebrows then laughing a little and I shrugged.

"You good?" Crystal asked me.

"Girl yes" I said laughing. This year, me and Tremaine speak from time to time but not often but it's still all love.

Tremaine and his girl got their ice cream and he said "See you tomorrow night" to me. "You too!" I said.

"Aight Crystal" He said and she said "Bye Tremaine, see you tomorrow" as him and his girl walked off holding hands and eating their ice cream.

"Anyways, you never told me what color your dress is" Crystal said.

"Oh mine is purple, like lavender." I said.

"Girl mine is pink" Crystal said.

"Eww I hate pink" I said.

"Why?" She asked laughing.

"I just do. Never liked it but you're gonna look cute in it" I said.

"Is your dress a tight fitted dress or poofy like them princesses?" Crystal asked and we both laughed.

"Mine is tight fitted" I said.

"Oooh period, you better show off that ass" Crystal said smacking my butt and I laughed and pushed her.

"Shitttt" I said, my junior and senior year my body started developing in the right ways to say the least.

"Mine is tight fitted too and I bought a crown." She said.

"I thought you got nominated for that prom queen shit" I said.

"Yeah, just nominated. If I don't win I'ma still wear my own damn crown" She said and I laughed.