Chapter 23

Soleil POV

"Hey Soleil!" Gina, my neighbor said as she walked across the street to me. I was sitting on my porch smoking a blunt.

"Wassup Gina" I said, she sat next to me.

"How you been?" She asked.

"I'm coo. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, I guess." She said.

"You guess?" I said.

"Yeah.." Gina said in a sad tone.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Me and my nigga broke up." She said.

"Jaheim?" I said.

"Mhm" Gina replied.

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking?" I said.

"Nah I don't mind. We just... Didn't fit I guess. That's what he says. So I've been in a depressed mood all day and all night. It's been like a week" Gina said.

"I'm sorry.." I said feeling bad for her.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. He just wasn't the one. He said another girl was easier for him to deal with and that we don't fit anymore" Gina said.

"Wow, he said that?" I said.

"Mhm" She replied.

"Well, fuck him. You'll find somebody that'll appreciate you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately some girls get lucky, and meet that person the first try. But some of us have to deal with trash niggas first before we get to a real man." I said and we both laughed.

"I swear. Been tryna stay up." She said sighing.

"I understand. Don't let him see you sweat though, you cry it out and everything when you're by yourself, or with a friend. Don't let it be known." I said.

"You're right. Especially since he thought the other bitch would be better than me. He gone be mad when I get a new nigga" Gina said and I chuckled.

"I'd suggest to not move too fast on that. Focus on you, what you want then move forward. You know? Don't act out on emotion." I said and she looked over at me.

"Thanks Soleil.... Always been genuine with me." She said.

"I try." I said. "But I gotta get in the house, I'll see you later?" I said to Gina as I finished my blunt.

"Oh- Okay, for sure." Gina said as we both stood up from my porch.

"Is your boyfriend here?" Gina asked.

"Nah not yet." I said.

"Well, can I come in? I'm bored and I just wanna chill at least till he gets here. I'll do anything to get Jaheim off my mind." Gina said.

"Aww... Next time, he'll be here any minute, but I got you next time. We can hang out." I said.

"Oh.. Okay well I guess I'll see you later then. Thanks again" She said giving me a hug and I hugged her back.

"No problem. Stay up girl" I said.

"As always!" She said back.

-

Tremaine POV

I pulled up to my mama's house and I parked, getting out the car. She said she had to talk to me and my brothers about something so I was the last to pull up, soon as I got off work.

"Aye Tremaine!" I heard someone say as I got out the car and I looked over and seen Deion one of my mama's neighbors who's around my age.

"Wassup wit it cuh" I said as I walked over to him.