Chapter 12

Soleil POV

A year later

"Morning" Jayceon said as I let him in my house, and I gave him a kiss saying "Good morning"

"Mm. You cook?" He said sniffing the air and I laughed saying "Yes" as he followed me to the kitchen.

"What chu make for daddy?" He asked and I laughed saying "Shut up, but hold tight because I'm not done yet. I'm almost done with this cream of wheat"

I went to the pot and began stirring it again and he stood behind me holding my waist.

"Mmm, I love watching you cook" He said. "I bet you do" I replied, he looked to the side and seen the bacon and eggs.

"Aht! Don't even think about it Jayceon" I said and he smacked his lips.

"I can't have one piece?" Jayceon asked.

"Not yet, wait till I'm done with this cream of wheat" I said.

"Fine" He said pouting like a kid and I laughed.

"Who taught you how to cook baby? Because you be throwing down" He said and I smiled.

"Thank you! And I taught myself" I said.

"For real?" He said.

"Mhm. As you know I never had my mom, and in my first long term foster home, the lady Lynette never taught me so I used to just teach myself. I bought cookbooks and shit, and would memorize the recipes." I said.

"So your childhood experience made you very independent" He said.

"For sure." I said. "I also learned how to do my own hair, nobody taught me that either." I added.

"Damn, well shit I'm proud of you doing shit on your own" He said.

"Thank you baby" I said.

"Mhm" He said leaning in for a kiss and I gave him one. Somebody started knocking at my door and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Uh.. I'll be back" I said.

"Nah I'm going with you, fuck that" Jayceon said and I laughed saying "Aight".

I walked to the door, opening it, seeing it was Crystal.

"Oh, hey best" I said giving her a hug and she hugged me back.

"Hey, and hey Jayceon" She said waving at him.

"Wassup." He said.

"Sorry for just popping up, I wanted to bring you.. This" She said holding up my phone charger.

"Girl I said I was gonna pick it up later today after I was done cooking" I said.

"I know but um, I just wanted to drop it off." She said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Okay... Well thank you" I said.

"You're welcome." She said. "Well, uh, I'll get out of y'all hair, just wanted to drop this off and say wassup" Crystal added.

"Aight, love you. Call me later" I said.

"I love you more, and I will." She said before she walked off to her car, and I shut the door behind her.

"What was that about" I said, more so to myself and Jayceon just shrugged and followed me back to the kitchen.

-

Tremaine POV

"Get cho scary ass in there" One of the guards said to some nigga pushing him in the cell with me and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Shut the fuck up" The guy said.