Chapter 38

Soleil POV

"Alright I'll be right back" I said to Tremaine as he pulled up to the hospital so I can see my mother.

"Aight take your time" He said leaning in and giving me a kiss.

"Okay" I said getting out the car and I shut it, making my way through the front entrance.

I seen my mother's doctor at the front, Dr.Lacy and he seen me and smiled.

"Soleil, hey" He said.

"Hey! How's she doing?" I asked.

"She's fine, she's eating in her room right now. You can go right through the back if you want to right now" Dr.Lacy said.

"Oh okay, thank you!" I said.

"No problem" He replied. "Also, we found a program for her, here" He said handing me some paperwork.

I looked through it and it said it was a 6 month program, she'll be able to call me and I'll also be able to visit her there.

It also stated that they get one day out of each week to go out and hang out, then when they come back they will be tested to make sure they didn't intake any drugs.

"Oooh. I like this one for her." I said.

"Yeah, I think that one was perfect, thanks to telecare we got it done." Dr.Lacy said.

Side note: For those who don't know, Telecare is often used to expand patient access to care, help patients manage recovery and well-being at home, and remotely monitor risks or early warning signs of health conditions. And they help drug addicts that are recovering either get in a program home, or if they're already recovered from the drug addiction they help the person find a new home. It's very helpful.

"Thank you so much Dr.Lacy I appreciate it, I'll speak to my mom and see what she thinks" I said.

"No problem at all" He said.

I walked towards the back where her room was, seeing my mom in there eating the food they provide for her.

"Hey mom.." I said walking inside and she lit up when she seen me.

"Was crackin Lay!" She said and I laughed.

"Nothing, had to come check on you. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm feeling okay, they had to flush my stomach last night." She said sighing.

"Yeah they called me yesterday and let me know. That's why I'm here, to make sure your recovering well" I said.

"Yeah I'm alright. Thank you Lay" She said with a smile.

"No problem.." I said.

"So, uh, they found a program for you. Are you willing to go?" I asked.

"Depends. Will I still be able to talk to you?" She asked.

"Yes, you can call me anytime and also I can visit you. So I'll make sure to do that okay?" I said.

"Really?" My mom said.

"Really" I said back. "It's for 6 months just to get you used to being sober, then it's two months after that at another location. With the same rules though so you'll be fine" I added.

"Okay, yeah I'll go" My mom said and I smiled.

"Oh my gosh really?" I said.

"Yeah, anything to get better." She said grabbing my hand.

"That's great mom.. I'm proud of you for taking that step." I said, she smiled and said "Thank you Lay. I thank you for not giving up on me.."

I nodded my head and looked at her.