Chapter 64

Soleil POV

"Aight you the first one. You deal" This girl named Jazmonè said to me.

"Okay" I said.

It's my third day here which means that sometime today Tremaine will be getting me out, and I'm so grateful for that.

They said at 9 pm, that's when they'll let the people come in to pay for bail, so. I'll be here until then.

But right now, I was playing spades with Jazmonè, and these two other girls I met in here.

Side note: Me and Jazmonè became cool within these three days, she's still inside though so I actually visit her from time to time and when she calls me I make sure to answer. We became really good friends.

She also knows about this book, and was happy to be apart and share a part of her story too. We both don't want anyone reading this to end up locked up. Not a fun experience. At all,

"Wait so what's the object of this game?" One of the girls asked.

"To win at least the number of tricks bid. She's the first dealer because she was chosen by a draw for high card" Jazmonè said.

"Okay" She said.

"The entire deck is dealt one at a time, face down and we the players pick up our cards and arrange them by suits." I said.

"So do we take turns to deal?" The other girl asked.

"The turn to deal goes clockwise" I said.

"Okay but how is this scored?" She asked.

"By hand" Jazmonè said as I started dealing.

"We'll go up to 200 points" I said.

"Aight bet" Jazmonè said.

-

Tremaine POV

Hours later

I was in my whip counting the money I took out of the bank, so I can bail Mookie out today. I wanted to make sure I had the exact amount so there would be no delay or issues getting her out.

And once she gets out there will be changes because we not dealing with this shit anymore, it's one thing to fuck wit her snd shit but it's another thing to have my baby landed in jail over bullshit.

That ain't happening no more. And they wanted to pull that fuck shit when I wasn't around, especially Desireè's nigga, egging shit on because I wasn't there.

Weak.

After I was done counting the money, I put it all in an envelope and sealed it shut before tossing it to the passenger's seat, sighing a little.

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out seeing it was O'Shea.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Aye wassup you good? And how's Soleil doing?" He asked.

"She's aight I'm finna go get her out. She feels bad because she know she supposed to be rehearsing with Sa'Nay and Jada for Sa'Nay's college thing but-"

"Sa'Nay understands, man that was not Soleil's fault cuz. Don't trip, plus it's only been three days so Soleil still got some time to learn" O'Shea said.

"Aight coo. In about an hour they'll allow her to get released if she has bail, so that's when I'm going to get her. I'll bring her by to everyone tomorrow, today I wanna just keep her relaxed and take care of her." I said.

"Aye we understand. Tell Soleil head up" O'Shea said.

"Oh she know, Mookie hold it down always. I'll hit y'all up later" I said.