Chapter 36

Soleil POV

"Where you at mamas? You on your way home?" Tremaine asked me as I was driving.

"Yeah I just got my nails and feet done, I'm actually pulling up to my place right now" I said.

"Aight, I'm off in two hours so I'll pull up then" He said.

"Okaaay sounds good." I replied, as I turned off the car and laid back in the seat.

"What color you get on your nails?" Tremaine asked me.

"Oh I just got white, something simple but cute" I said shrugging.

"You already know I like when you get white" He said. He loves white on me or light purple I noticed.

"Mhmmm, that's why I got it" I said laughing a little.

While Tremaine was talking, my phone began beeping indicating someone was on the other line and I looked, not recognizing the number.

"Uh... Baby, hold on, I'm getting a call" I said.

"Aight" He said. I switched over the call and said "Hello...?"

"Soleil" I heard my mother's voice and I sighed.

"What?" I said with an attitude. Last time I seen her, she cussed me and my boyfriend out. And she and my sister kept disrespecting him and calling him a thug.

"Soleil please.. I checked myself back in the hospital" She said and I sat up immediately.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I wasn't feeling right, my breathing stopped, I felt closed in, and I was paranoid. Please come see me, come see me" She said and I sighed.

"I can't.." I said.

Here I go again, with this soft spot that I SHOULDN'T have but I do.

And I don't like it at all.

"Please Lay, I'm cold and my body hurts and I need you please" She cried in the phone and I covered my face taking a deep breath.

"Baby I'm sorry just please come see ya mama, I need you, I'm cold. I know we not good but we still good right?" She said.

And I notice she says that a lot.

"I- I don't know.." I said kind of confused.

"Lay please.. Can you please come see me? I don't have anybody, I have you though and I just want you here with me" My mom said as she was still crying.

"Soleil it hurts... It hurts" She cried and a tear fell out of my face.

"Fuck" I mumbled.

"O-okay, I'll uh... I'll see." I said.

"Okay... Please..." She said "Alright" I said, then I just hung the phone up and went back to my call with Tremaine.

"Baby I don't know what to do" I said as I started crying.

"Wait- What happened? Why you crying baby?" He asked me.

"My mom. She called me from the hospital crying and BEGGING and to come see her. She was saying how she's cold and she needs me.. And I don't know why I even feel bad" I said as I was crying.

"Aye, boss- I got an emergency, can I take off early?" I heard Tremaine say.

"No no, baby you don't have to do-"

"Shh" He said to me.

I heard his boss say "Alright then you'll have to come in two hours early tomorrow then"