Chapter 11

Soleil POV

"Soleil..?" Diana said walking in the living room, seeing me pack up my clothes.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Uh... Where you going?" She asked and I smiled.

"Diana, I got some good news." I said.

"And what's that?" She asked.

"I finally paid off this apartment I found. And I'm moving into it tomorrow" I said and her eyes widened.

"Soleil! Oh my goodness! That's great" Diana said running over to me and she gave me a big hug, and I hugged her back.

"I'm so proud of you." Diana said.

"Thank you so much, and thank you Diana for taking me in while I was getting my shit together." I said.

"Soleil you're only 18. You didn't have to rush up out of here" She said and I laughed.

"I know, but I always wanted to be independent and not rely on anyone. And prove my mom and sister wrong. You know they didn't think I could do this." I said and she looked at me then smiled.

"And look at you. You got your license now and your own place. Out here proving them wrong, ugh I'm so happy for you." Diana said giving me another hug.

"Thank you Diana." I said.

"I'm gonna miss you around here.." She said and I laughed.

"Girl you can come to my house anytime, and here.." I said grabbing my purse off the couch and I pulled out $750 in 20 dollar bills that I had wrapped in a band, and I handed it to her.

"What's this?" She asked.

"My half of the rent for this month." I said.

"Oh Soleil, you're good-"

"Nah. Take it" I said and she looked at me before nodding her head.

"Thank you." Diana said with a smile.

"You're welcome." I said. "I love you Soleil" Diana said.

"I love you too" I said.

Side note: Me and Diana still talk till this very day and I forever will appreciate her 💙.

-

The next night

8:00 PM

"Thank you for helping me unpack" I said to Jayceon, as we sat on the edge of my bed and I sighed of relief.

"No problem.. Congratulations baby" He said giving me a kiss.

I finally got my apartment, and I was settling in, enjoying this surreal moment.

I was proud of myself. I proved my mother and my sister wrong, and I did this by myself. Saved enough money from my job, and put down hella money to get this apartment. And I bought my own car, and been had my license. I did that.

"Thank you handsome" I said to Jayceon.

"So I ordered you a pizza and shit, I got us a soda and some breadsticks too." He said.

"When'd you do that?" I asked.

"Before I came, so it should be here any minute now" He said.

"Aww well thank you" I said.

"You're welcome" He said and somebody began knocking on my door. "Oh that's probably them" Jayceon said.

"Don't they usually call?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows.