Chapter 44

Quick note: This chapter was very.. Difficult for me to write. Reliving this situation. But, it's my life. So let's go.

Soleil POV

"Hey Dr.Lacy!" I said approaching my mom's doctor as I walked in the hospital, seeing him at the front desk going over paperwork with the receptionist.

"Hey Soleil! Uh...?" He said looking confused.

"What's wrong? I'm here for Ayesha" I said chuckling, referring to my mom.

"Yes I know but, I thought you knew that...?" He trailed off.

"Knew what?" I asked.

"Well, she had your sister pick her up after we cleared her." Dr.Lacy said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"What?" I said.

"We asked her if she wanted to call you, and she said no, she specified that she wanted your sister to come get her. She said she was going to call you to let you know, so you wouldn't come down to see her or get her." Dr.Lacy said and I rose my eyebrows.

"Oh.." I said.

"Soleil I'm so sorry, I thought you knew this." He said.

"No, I didn't know at all. I didn't even know you guys cleared her. Thank you for letting me know" I said to him.

"Are you okay?" Dr.Lacy asked.

"Yeah, of course" I said nodding my head.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"Alright.." He replied unsurely.

"I have to go, but thank you again Dr.Lacy!" I said.

"No problem, have a good day Soleil!" Dr.Lacy said.

"You do the same" I said back as I walked right back out the hospital, squinting my eyes.

I was definitely, feeling some type of way.

She gets cleared and just runs off with my sister? When I'm the one helping her. My sister hasn't came to see her in the hospital, not one time.

So why does she want to leave with Desireè but not me?

But she always favored Desireè. And I'm tired of it.

I sighed and got in my car, slamming the door behind me and I leaned back against my seat, rubbing my face.

My phone started ringing and it was Tremaine, so I answered on the first ring saying "Hey baby"

"Was good wit cha" He said.

"I don't know.." I said sighing.

"What's wrong Mookie?" Tremaine asked.

"Well, I went to go see my mother and they let me know that they cleared her and she requested to call my SISTER to pick her up. Not me." I said and Tremaine sighed.

"What?" He said in a shocked tone.

"Same reaction I had." I said.

"The fuck she do that for?" Tremaine asked.

"I don't know but damn, it's like.. I thought we were working on our relationship, I thought... A lot of things. But I guess I was wrong" I said.

"You need me to call off work early?" He asked me.

"No, no baby it's fine. I'm good, I promise okay?" I said.

"You sure?" He said.

"I'm sure, you're good." I said to him.