Damaged But Hopeful

Start from the beginning

She got up in a hurry.

T: I need to go home.. My parents know that I did some blunder.

K : now?

She nodded.

T: call me a cab.. We all are drunk. What do I do. I'm wasted.

K : go wash your face, I'll arrange someone to drop you.

With in 11 minutes they were ready and waiting for the car. He had asked someone yet again to drive.

T : you're also coming?

He nodded.. There was no way he would let her go without him at this hour.

The car ride was filled with silence. She smoked a bit and kept flipping her hair from one side to other. Her stress was clearly visible.

K : you can manage... Right?? Or should I tell jess or vg to give a call and?

T : I can.. I'll leave now.

Before going she planted a kiss on his cheek.

----
She rang the door bell and her father opened.

She went inside and her maa sat on the couch. It was pretty visible that she was upset.

Mom : which smriti you met in the morning. The one whose call you've not picked and  she came back to town yesterday only?

T: it's not smriti it's smrita. She's someone you don't know Maa.

Mom : I know I heard correctly. So what was going on.

She kept her silence expecting that they would let it go.

Papa : teja.. For God's sake speak up. For last 4 hours she has been waiting you to pick the call.

Mom : she doesn't even care.

T: I care mom. That's why I tell you everything. Almost everything. Even though I'm 28.

Mom : so?

T : you can't expect everything to be shared.

Mom : I don't want to know either. I've made it very clear if you're staying out then I need details about your whereabouts.

T: this is not done. I feel suffocated maa. I need the space..

Mom : you got it previously but what happened. Remember the fracture you had in your leg. You didn't even know about it and the person didn't have the decency to be there. The 6 week of physical and mental pain. We all went through it along with you.

T : you keep reminding me of it again and again.. Don't do..

She started crying at the harsh reminder, those days that she would never ever want to relive.

Mom : I don't trust anyone when it comes to you.you know that yet..

T : fine.. It won't happen again. Nothing happened either I'm fine.

Papa : teja... You mom's just concern...

T: got it.. Leave me alone please... but I'm not explaining anything.

She walked to her room disturbed. The things she didn't want to listen or remember in detail made a come back.

Papa : she keeps getting hurt every single time.. Unintentionally today it was us.

His voice cracked cause noone can share or help with the emotional trauma she had to go through.

Papa : do you need to remind her again and again?

Mom : she needs to remind herself until someone is there for her.

Her mother looked at her father feeling hopeless. What if this weird child of hers just ends up in same trouble everytime.

Mom : we need someone who'll worry and care for her more than us.

Papa : she'll get someone.. Eventually. God is kind.

He assured her not knowing what else they can do.

She went to her room and just dropped herself on the bed.. She slept facing down and her face was side wise.. Her phone dropped to one side.
She kept staring at the blank wall as It all flashed in front of her eyes like a reel.

"how dare you to go through my messages"

It was the first time she got scared due to that guy's high pitch voice.

"it kept giving the notification sound so.. I"

"dammit.. Unbelievable people"

He had started throwing things and the wooden show piece hit her leg and he didn't even realise.

She felt the pain after few days and it was fractured. She had to tell the truth because she was so numb that couldn't even hide it. She was silent for next 3 weeks like a blank page.

Her parents feared something like this will repeat and hence there was restrictions. Her mom's worst fear was none of them will know and something bad might be happening with her. She could hear her mom's voice "I trust you teju but I don't trust the destiny the world the people.."

She just got a sorry that too in message. The person who claimed to love her didn't even look back. It didn't even matter if he regretted cause she didn't get the closure.

She forcefully closed her eyes and tried to recall her time with karan, automatically her mind channeled her last 24 hours.

From getting inside his house to cutting the cake to leaning on his shoulder to visiting the temple to having their first dance and the kiss, the party, the stupid do or dare.

Tears started flowing down automatically and she could feel her head throbbing. She kept her eyes closed to force herself to sleep. She was drained and her chirpy self was gone with in matter of just 1 hour.

She went inside but he waited in the car for 17 minutes more expecting she might come back for something or will give him a call.

He asked the driver to turn back the car and called her. It went unanswered. He wished he could go inside and be there for her but that wasn't possible as she didn't receive.

He asked to turn off the ac and rolled down the car window while leaning back on the back seat. Inside her house She'll be okay he thought, then why he had this restless feeling.

One thing he knew Whatever it may be she'll be there as his strength and she won't have to face anything alone as he'll be there to protect her.
For the first time when he thought of the next day he felt he has no regret, no guilt, no fear, no worry.

He went back to home and pulled out the paper note in which he wrote his wishes, he modified it. It was silly but he didn't want to take chances or confuse.

Happiness and Tejasswi Prakash wayangankar.

He was hopeful tomorrow will be a better day as well.