Ch 115 Counterattack

Start from the beginning

His name was like a curse, an omen one that meant death for any who saw the face it belonged to, Alexander Shard. The one person the High sovereign himself seemed to deem as a threat in this war.

His gaze fell on me, those blood-red eyes bore down into my very soul, they were like apparitions, I couldn't sense them, no their blood lust, no an inkling of sound other than their voices. "What comes next is your punishment for interrupting our training session."

"Maeve, Feyrith. Let's show the firebirds how we do things, shall we?" his voice rang out above us as they floated high above.

"You heard Alexander, Let's give them a warm welcome to Elenoir." a voice sounded off with a noble tone, one more akin to the high blood back home than any of these filthy dicathians. As he emerged from the mist, a tall elf with long blond hair wearing a snow-white uniform and cloak

"I am Feyrith Ivsaar the Third, Welcome and goodbye to my homeland and your grave." he declared with a bow.

The forest was bleached white in an instant, blankets of frost spread across trees and our armour as whipping winds of snow slammed against us, walls of shields conjured around me in an instant as I was locked in a dome of mana with my caster, shield, and sentry.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN US!" I yelled at the caster, readying myself for battle once the shield dropped.

"I couldn't sense them! it's like they knew my range and waited for us!" he snapped, I gnashed my teeth as I drew my sword strengthened by a famed instiller,

"Seren, focus shields on me and stay at a distance with Mari. Sent-Ashton, stick close to them and relay my position in case I'm in danger," I ordered.

An instant later the dome of magic dropped and polygonal panels of mana hovered around me, ready to defend against any projectiles while a faint hum sounded from behind as Mari began charging her magic.

Snow-covered every inch around us, the winds nipped at my skin as I felt the cold in my lungs with each breath, All around us was a blanket of frost and fog obscuring our vision even more.

I channelled mana through my crest, an action that was as natural as breathing by now. I ignited my weapon with a jagged fire that tore and seared rather than burned.

I circulated more mana through my crest and out to the rest of my body to strengthen my limbs. Power rushed through me as I dashed forward into the thick of the battle like a true striker. My sword buzzed, glowing brightly like a beacon to my troops as they rallied behind me.

'DUCK!' my sentry screamed without warning.

Without hesitation, I fell to the ground. dodging the mana-clad arrow as it whizzed above me. Just by the sound it made, I knew that relying on the shield was a risk better not taken.

'BEHIND YOU!' shouted once again, I circulated more mana through my crest. My body erupted, covering me in an armour of fire while releasing four floating sickles of jagged flames. They shot back, attacking behind me.

I turned to see an elven woman clad in white jumping backwards, her form blurring into the fog as grew farther away.

"GAHHH!" my head snapped to see the sight of the panels of mana shatter around me, turning around I saw my shield. his form strung up against a tree, his limbs slashed and drained of blood.

"merciful Vritra..." the words fell from my mouth as I watched in terror, blazes of enemy fire appeared killing beast or one of my fellow mages, their bodies strung up or left in the snow as the blood-stained the powder red.

many other of my mages had already engaged with the enemy mages, the tides were rapidly turning against us. The corrupted beasts were running against us having been thrown backwards in this chaos.