Ch23 Goodsky

Arthur leywin pov

"Nice to finally meet you, Arthur," She said holding her hand out.

What was I supposed to do in this situation? Was I supposed to shake it or is someone of power like her expecting me to kiss her hand or something?

I just went with the safe route and shook her hand.

"Err... Nice to meet you too, Director."

The Director seemed a little taken aback by my introduction.

"Arthur! You're being rude! I'm so sorry for my son, Director Goodsky. He just returned home and is ignorant about formal customs." My mother pushed my head down with her hand while bowing herself, getting on one knee.

Apparently, when meeting someone of high standing, it was customary to get on one knee and shake the hand, while bowing.

How stupid.

"Kukuku, no it is quite all right. No offense taken at all. And please, Arthur, call me Cynthia." She let out a polite laugh with her free hand covering her mouth.

"I'm sorry to intrude on you at such a late time but unfortunately, the only free time I could make was after my meeting tonight. I hope you don't mind," she explained, looking at my parents.

"Nonono, we're thankful that you'd be willing to take the time out just to visit our son." My father was the one to speak this time.

"Vincent is a good friend and has contributed greatly to Xyrus Academy. So when he had excitedly come up to me about two prodigy's that are living in his home, I couldn't help but get excited as well. I must say that my curiosity got the best of me. Do you mind leading me to an open space so I can see a demonstration?" She continued on, her gaze fixed at me in an assessing manner.

By the amount of formality, I had started wondering if this granny could compare to Grandpa Virion.

"Oh yes of course, right this way Cynthia." Vincent hurriedly replied

Director Cynthia nodded at this. "it isn't very often that I take a house trip to visit potential students. Otherwise, even with a hundred bodies, I wouldn't be able to fit the time. speaking of students where is alexander?"

At this reminder, my father shot up rushed over to the couch and tried to grab Al, and started attempting to drag him over.

"Is something the matter Mr. Leywin?

Director Cynthia walked over and saw Al fast asleep on the couch surrounded by wind and sound barriers.

"oh my, well isn't this surprising" she politely chuckled under her breath.

She reached out her hand onto the barrier, I saw the mana coat her hand in wind and sound attributes then he hand went through the barrier like nothing was there but the second her hand barely went through the wind barrier under the sound barrier she pulled it back immediately and winced in pain.

"Sorry about that My Bond like the cold," Al said his voice contradicting his apology, his breath white as snow like the moisture in it froze the second it left his mouth.

Zephyr crawled out from under his arm to wrap around his neck where he likes to sit on his shoulder, right after that the barriers dispelled letting out the freezing air; Me, Father, Cynthia, and Mother all shuddered at the cold, Al on the other hand just got up and stretched like he didn't just sleep while maintaining wind and sound barrier magic with ice mana to cool the air for at least half an hour.

Sylvie, who had been hiding underneath the dinner table from the unfamiliar human, trotted behind me and jumped up onto my head, causing Director Cynthia to raise an eyebrow.