CH 109 Skirmish

3'rd person pov:

Noticing that the paladins have arrived, the phantoms targeted the Alacryans supporting the horned clown. Maeve severed heads and limbs alike with a sickening smile plastered on her face as she repeated the cycle of disappearing, reappearing behind her victims, and ripping their torsos open with her scythe

Joker cackled madly as he used his Stasis-infused axe to shatter the shields of mana protecting the mage behind it, his sound magic paralyzed his target as they hopelessly watched him shatter the shields. He stabbed a wind blade-clad hand into their chests tearing out their hearts before accusing them of being heartless bastards.

Hunter fired volleys of wind magic arrows from a range and swept legs out, and swung his axe down onto their falling body cleaving through armour and mana alike, ripping his axe from their lifeless body spewing blood like paint from a brush.

Ava tore through the lines on her Nightmare Raven bond leaving trails of fire from her hands, the Claws of her bond eviscerating the bowls of the shields it snatched with its claws, The weaker willed ones of the Alacryan conjurers began screaming in fear from the Palpable fear the massive bird emanated.

"Cecilia time to get some... hands-on practice," Alexanders spoke, his voice turning raspy as his fingers became jagged segmented talons, his armour shifting to be sleeker more form-fitting as an amalgam of bone and ice grew out of his elbows becoming jagged and sharp, The horns growing from the temples of his head wreathed his head like a crown.

"well. would you look at that, I didn't even partially activate it." Alexander mused examining his altered body and horns made of bone and frost, being more monster than man now.

Alexander and Arthur fist-bumped each other as they ran towards the enemy lines, Arthur lept for the clown while Alexande dove into the enemy lines, Arthur lashed out with a myriad of spells of every variety while Alexander charged with only his clawed arms and didn't bother to augment himself, defying his nature as a conjurer in every way possible.

He dashed and dodged at an impossibly low height and terrifying fast speed, Evasive as a cloud of smoke, no attack reached him and only seemed to make his movements more sporadic. His brows knit in hyper-focus, every step growing more refined as he closed the distance and learned how his inhuman body reacted to each movement.

Alexander thrust a clawed hand like a spear faster than any could even fathom possible without magic, The shield shattered A clawed fist and shards of spine burst from the man's back. he ripped his arm out of the man's chest sending fragments of bone and the shattered mana core tumbling to the ground.

"Whos next?" he laughed, raising his hands into a stance, He caught a kama made of ice in his hand, and deadpanned the mage that threw it at him. "Really? Ice? yall fuckers are dumber than a snarler I swear to god."

He rolled his eyes altering it into a spear and throwing it like a javelin, The mages yelped raising multiple panels of mana only for them to shatter from the force, The spear gored the foolish mage shattering his core and pinning him to the wall.

Alexander's attacks became more brutal, with each blow you heard a bone snap, with each kick organ ruptured, and after each strike, he lashed out with his elbow spines splitting open limbs with the jagged appendage or leaving a hole through their hearts or neck.

A mage dashed towards him, sword in hand he slashed down towards Alexander's arm holding a sentry by his throat. The blade snapped on the scales covering his arms, A viscous black fluid dribbled out of the tiny crack in the scale.

A sickly scent wafted to the swordsman's nose before he collapsed, Heaving violently, blood spewed out of his mouth and nose, both tears and blood flowed from his bloodshot eyes. The Alacryan convulsed violently screaming in agony between each cough, chunks of putrid melted remains of his lungs spewed from his mouth; his blackened teeth before the man fell limp, The mere vapour from Alexander's toxic blood reduced him to a rotting corpse before he even died.