Ch76 Test Drive

"Myre, I'm feeling a bit drowsy since I haven't had the chance to sleep..."

"Of course, my dear," the asura answered immediately. Casting one last sympathetic gaze, she blew out the candles lighting the room and left.

With the absence of firelight, the hut darkened, and my eyes could only make out the thin pillars of moonlight that made it past the thatched roof. The specks, dust, and ashes from the smoldering remains in the fireplace danced in the streams of soft, white light, filling the small space with an alluring ambiance.

Telling Myre that I wanted to sleep was a lie. Sleeping wasn't exactly the truth but I had something I needed to attend to first; I withdrew the Hydra's green beast core from my ring, Studying the green orb that was sitting in my ring.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained," I spoke softly as I started absorbing the mana and Will from the core.

The whole process went a lot smoother than the Elderwood and Pheonix's wills. The hydra's mana replenished mine and it felt like I had grown my mana pool by a decent amount, After a While of absorbing my core, I felt the section of my core that previously-stored Uto's will now housing the Hydra's will.

I could feel I had Access to the Hydra wills first stage but not the second, Id have to leave figuring that out for some other time.

--------------------------------------------------

Myre had put me through the hellish training that was her teaching me mana interpretation, although I couldn't sense Earth even remotely as well as the fire which was only even possible to sense due to my perception of Soulfire increasing dramatically in my Storm soul now that it had Its Vritra powers fully awakened.

I could sense when earth mana was being used but other than that I can't really do shit about it to stop the spell, Fire magic I could tell what it was but couldn't counter it. With water and wind, however, I could counter the spell almost as fast as Myre could.

All this progress was over about 3 weeks, we trained in the stasis orb I kept from the training with Virgil, we did have to leave the soul realm so I could use the washroom, eat, and sleep because we didn't use the sacred pond like before.

The year we spent inside the Soul realm was mostly training me to sense fire and earth spells, Earth was a massive pain in the ass but the fire was alright.

Just as the two of us had finished eating a simple stewed beef for dinner after training, a clear knock rang from the wooden door.

"Come in," Myre called out as she took a careful sip from her mug.

"Excuse my intrusion," the familiar voice responded as he opened the door.

It was Windsom who was carrying a bloody and bruised Arthur.

"What happened to the Child?!" Myre shot up from her chair as she Carried Arthur to the bed I had woken up in a few weeks ago.

"I do not know, I found him collapse next to a dead Titan bear cub infested with a Demon leech," Windsom spoke with a worried tone.

I handed Myre one of the syringes filled with the same painkiller I used back after the Elderwood fight. "Use this it's a painkiller he's probably in agony, Knowing him he probably used Burst step even though I warned him of the consequences; His legs are in the worst condition so you handle them I'll heal the rest of his wounds," I spoke horridly as I used a wind blade to cut his shirt off.

"I'll ask later," Myre spoke in a serious tone as she went to work mending his shattered bones.

Arthur's chest was covered in cuts and scratches bruises, Activating Storm Soul's first stage I coated my clawed fingertips in soulfire as I washed out his wounds with purified water I conjured. Running my claws along with the wounds I watched As I regenerated his tendons and flesh making sure that each muscle fiber and blood vessel was healed correctly.