CHAPTER 86 - AMOR VINCIT OMNIA

A week passed and the little family's routine seemed to have adjusted by itself. Jinyoung never witnessed Mark's breakdown. He even consulted Bambam about that. But the Thai's cryptic response was a simple, 'I never told you he was going to have a breakdown.'

It was clear that Bambam was going to let him figure things out by himself. Therefore, Jinyoung didn't give up on trying to get Mark to talk about what happened between him and Chan-wook at the hotel. He would carefully ask Mark if it was time for them to discuss the subject, but the older would often discourage his attempts with a short 'not now'.

The topic was fiercely avoided until someone else came into the picture. Their friends were still trying to give the couple some space, but the author's sister had no idea of what was going on between the couple. One day Bo Young eventually showed up at their apartment and tried to convince Jinyoung to go see Mr. Park before he was discharged from the hospital. The author refused to, and she had no qualms in voicing her suspicions.

"Why are you so calm about this?" She crossed her arms, and gave him a scrutinizing look.

"Dad and I are not on good terms. You know that. He blackmailed my fiancé, he cheated on Mom and-" The writer stopped himself before he said too much, and resumed his point. "He's dead to me."

"Look, I know he's not the best father in the world. But even Mom came from Jinhae to see him! By the way, don't you think it's strange that he ended up in the ER not long after that little prank in the basement? Come on, do you know something that I don't?" She insisted.

"What do you mean about 'prank in the basement'?" The writer frowned at her. He was already about to phone Jackson and call him a bunch of names.

"Dad came to me and told me about what happened between you, him and Mark in the basement of the mansion. He wanted me to talk some sense into you. He thought I could convince you to not go back to Mark." Bo Young took a deep breath.

"Good thing you didn't listen to him." Jinyoung stated, giving his sister a hostile look. "That wouldn't end up well for you."

"Like it didn't end up well for Dad, right?" Bo Young furrowed her brows. Jinyoung inhaled.

"I don't know what you're talking about. According to Jackson, dad claimed that he did it to himself. Believe it or not, there are disturbed people like Park Chan-wook in the world. The doctors diagnosed him with an illness called body integrity identity disorder. This shit drives people to strongly desire a disability. If the old man felt that he should be blind from birth, well, dear dad got his wish! It's no one's fault." Jinyoung spat.

"I doubt that. I showed Dad the files at Jackson's place. He knows about Mark and Soo Young. He must've done something-"

"Why the hell would you do something stupid like that?" The author was astonished.

"I meant well, Jin. Though I was not ecstatic by the fact that you're dating Dad's mistress and Soo Young's ex, I wanted to prevent father from disturbing you and your boyfriend. I wanted to show him that the American he's obsessed with wasn't someone he should be antagonizing. I hoped he would take the hint and stay away." She explained, in a regretful tone.

"Well, congratulations. Even if he didn't get the hint before, I'm sure he got it now." An annoyed Jinyoung retorted.

"So, you do know something. Did Mark send someone to do that to him?" Bo Young's alarmed eyes fixed on her brother. "Jackson insists that I am imagining things-"

"And you are! Mark would never send anyone to do such a thing. You don't know the first thing about him. He's not a criminal anymore, so I would appreciate if you refrained from sputtering ludicrous accusations-"