I Fall Back in Love With You All Over Again (Bdoc)

Au: Modern Minecraft AU

WC: 7.8k

I went back and reread my old amnesia oneshot and decided I could do better. This is my attempt at that! 

-

Bdubs wearily blinked, his eyes not fully opened just yet as he shifted his head from side to side. When he felt a bright light harshly shining on him, he scrunched up his face. "What's goin' on?" He grumbled.

"You're awake," a familiar voice sighed with heavy relief. "Can you tell me your name?"

Well, that was an odd question. "Why do you need to know?" He muttered, shielding his eyes with the back of his hand.

"What's your name?" The person repeated.

"Bdubs, my name is Bdubs." He rubbed his eyes and blinked to adjust to his surroundings.

That's why the voice was so familiar.

The person standing over him was a friend. What was his name? Why was it taking him so long to remember?

"Xisuma?" Bdubs slowly asked, hoping he got it right.

Thankfully, the man nodded. "It's me, I'm right here. How are you feeling?"

He carefully sat up with the help of his friend. The room smelled heavily of disinfectant and plastic. There was a continuous beeping beside him and the fluorescent lights were practically blinding as seemed to reflect off the entire predominantly white room.

"Am I... why am I in a hospital?" He asked, looking around. Then he looked up at Xisuma, almost instinctively missing someone. "And where's..." Despite having the name on the tip of his tongue, he couldn't find it.

"Doc?" Xisuma attempted to fill in.

Bdubs shook his head. "No, I don't need to see a doctor, I think 'cause you're here. Where's..." he snapped his fingers. "Iskall! Where are they?" How could he forget the name of his best friend?

X mouth formed an 'o'. "R-Right um, ah! They've been in and out almost every day since you've been here. I think they may still be in the building too. I can get them for you, don't worry."

"Wait! X, what happened to me? How long have I been here?"

With a deep breath, his friend pulled up a chair and sat beside the hospital bed. "What's the last thing you remember?" He whispered.

Bdubs scrunched his nose and attempted to think.

Nothing came to mind. "I'm... not sure."

"Well ah... you've been here for a little over three weeks. You were in a hotel on vacation and an earthquake caused part of the building to collapse." Bdubs' gawked at him, completely floored.

"How did I not die?" He breathed.

"Your husband kept you as safe as he could. But you both suffered some serious head trauma," Xisuma slowly explained.

Bdubs snorted. "Husband?" He repeated. "You sure you got that right?"

He couldn't help but feel horrified to see how his friend's face fell. "Um, I'm- I'll get Iskall now."

He wanted to stop him again, but truthfully he did miss his best friend.

"Husband? I'm not-" his whispers were immediately shut down as he glanced at his hand.

His heart plummeted through the floor.

A rather beautiful rose gold band engraved with vines was nestled on his ring finger. "I'm married?!"