Garage Singing (Bdoc)

Word Count: ~4.3k

Au: Highschool AU

This was honestly just an exercise of metaphors and stuff

 Doc didn't want to move. He was perfectly content going to a private high school. The home he grew up in was a little on the small side, but it was the perfect amount of room. Spending junior and senior years at a public school was the worst idea he had ever heard. Now, was he one of those kids who saw himself better than other people his age simply because he didn't go to public school? Yes, but he'd never admit it out loud.

-

He placed down the last of his boxes in front of his empty bookshelf and stepped back, wiping his forehead. A mix of the late-morning August heat and the exercise causing him to sweat, making him feel disgusting. His parents had insisted they didn't need to turn on the air conditioning yet. He moved over to the window next to where his desk was placed and opened it. Unfortunately, it only made his room slightly cooler, but what he noticed outside was a small group of people heading towards his house.

The hybrid leaned back, lazily stepping around his room as he groaned. Of course, the neighbors were going to be welcoming. And surely his parents will make him come say 'hi'.

"Doc, come socialize!" his mother called from the bottom of the stairs.

There it was.

Swiping his phone from his desk and slipping it into his back pocket, he went downstairs. The front door was still open. His parents were standing on the porch, chatting with five adults and a boy who looked a little younger than Doc. He mustered a small smile and awkwardly joined his parents. The adults were holding containers of food, which meant only one thing.

-

Everyone was gathered in their kitchen around the island, and somehow Doc and the other kid were shoved off to the side. They found themselves sitting on the couch, and boy could the kid talk. He was a bubbling mass of blinding light, and the hybrid wished he could tone him down. And apparently, he was wrong. This kid, whose name was Bdubs, is actually the same age as him.

"Trust me, join a club and you'll make friends in no time!" he assured him. He had spent the last half-hour going on about the school, with Doc making occasional responses. While the other talked, he had taken the time to study his features. Light brunette hair, heterochromatic eyes - brown and green - tan skin, and freckles. Now he wouldn't say it out loud, but the red bandana looked a little... weird.

"I'm not interested in a club," he bluntly stated, shrugging.

"Oh c'mon, you gotta have hobbies, right?" Bdubs teased with a grin.

"I do have hobbies, I just prefer indulging in them alone," Doc spoke slowly in an attempt to keep calm. Although, the more the shorter talked the harder it was. This guy was pushing his limits.

Finally, finally, the guests left and he was allowed to relax in his room, organizing his possessions. By the time he finished, it was still only the afternoon. Not wanting to make a waste of a perfect summer day, his parents urged him to use his bike. So reluctantly, he pulled his bike out of the garage, double-checked the air in his tires, and began to ride.

-

He was biking down the road, keeping to the side, when a car came in his direction. Since he was right next to a driveway, he simply pulled in and hoped they didn't live there. Thankfully, they drove past. But before he could take off again, he thought he heard something coming from the garage. Curiosity pushed him forward and he climbed off the bike, pulling it beside him as he moved towards the garage door and leaned his ear towards it.