Caught in the Rain (Bdoc)

Au: Highschool 

Word count: ~2k

Been a while since I wrote a oneshot, I hope this makes up for it! :D

Bdubs sat on his bed, leaning against his window. Tango and Impulse had just texted saying they were on their way. He looked up and over to the house next door to him.

His heart tightened as he saw Doc in the window, laughing as he turned the page of his book.

He quickly looked away, immediately feeling creepy.

The two had been neighbors since they were little, but now that... certain feelings had developed, it was making everything a little more awkward, to say the least.

"Bubs! Your friends are here!" His mom called from downstairs, snapping him out of his daze.

Yanking his shade down, he scrambled off his bed. "Coming, coming!"

"I know it's warm out but I think it might rain," his mom worried when he came downstairs. "You sure you don't want to take a sweater?"

Tango and Impulse were standing in the doorway, with their matching grins. "We'll tough it out!" Tango assured her.

"Worst-case scenario; we'll duck into a store until it clears up," Impulse added as Bdubs pulled his sneakers on.

-

As they left his house, Tango held out an arm, stopping the other two beside him. He lightly tapped Bdubs' chest with the back of his hand. "Why don't we invite Doc too?"

His cheeks grew warm. "I- You guys know him! He likes to plan things like, a week in advance. He's not gonna want to hang out," he sputtered, pushing away the arm.

Impulse nudged him. "I bet if you ask he'll say yes." He waggled his eyebrows, knowing full well how Bdubs felt about the hybrid.

"I bet he won't, but whatever," he muttered, walking up the porch steps.

Ignoring the two cheering from the sidewalk, he took a deep breath and lightly knocked on the door.

Bdubs didn't have to wait long for the door to open. He sharply inhaled to find Doc looming over him and boy was he too close.

"Hey!" Doc greeted with his signature lopsided smile.

"Hi! I um- Impulse, Tango, and I were going to head downtown and hang out. And we uh, we were wondering if you wanted to join us?" He asked, trying not to sound so nervous.

Bdubs was fully prepared to launch into a 'you don't have to' ramble, but before he could begin Doc shrugged. "Sure, I'm not doing anything."

Maybe it was just his imagination, but it looked like his smile grew.

Doc slipped on his shoes and closed the door behind him, stepping even closer to Bdubs, who forgot how to move for a second. He quickly turned away and headed back over to his other friends.

"Alright let's hit the road!" Tango cheered, pumping his fists into the air.

-

Their first stop was the new tea shop.

For Doc, an iced green tea.

For Bdubs, mango boba.

For Impulse, strawberry boba.

And for Tango, iced raspberry tea.

Since he had known him for so long, Bdubs genuinely didn't think twice when Doc asked to try his. It wasn't until after he tilted his cup towards him, and the hybrid bent down, that he cursed at himself.