Starting Anew - Part Two (Bdoc)

AU: None

Word Count: ~1.8k

(If for some reason you haven't read part one, it's fine you won't need it to read this one [:)

Bdubs was crushing hard on Doc back in Season 5, but those feelings had disappeared until the beginning of Season 7. Their back and forth had him falling all over again.

It wasn't until after he and Scar broke up that he realized those feelings never truly left.

And they were beginning to eat him alive.

So he decided he would wait for Doc to return so he could pour his heart out and enter Season 8 with all of his weight lifted from his chest.

But, he wasn't showing.

No one knew when he'd return. It was hard to tell when someone was pulled from existence. Some were tossed into a void where they remember nothing. Others are put through a living hell worse than the nether. Or they'd end up on a beach and get a nice vacation.

Regardless of where he was, Bdubs realized that he probably wasn't going to show face in Season 7 again. Besides, he had waited long enough, and he was more than ready to leave.

However, he still wanted to get these emotions off his chest, so he did the only thing he could think of, and wrote it all down in a long letter. Once he was done, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and folded it up, leaving it behind on the pillow of Doc's bed in the mansion before leaving the season.

Three days later, Doc appeared.

-

Everyone was preparing to leave, but he had only just returned. Thankfully, he was sent to a lovely beach, unlike the previous few times when he went through a hellish experience.

He tried to not make it obvious that he was looking for Bdubs. Despite knowing he was in a relationship with Scar, he wanted to let him know so badly how he felt.

The first time Doc realized he loved Bdubs was when he showed up for Season 6. Then he fell for him all over again at the beginning of Season 7, and then again after they stopped fighting, and once more during the Turf War. But by that point, he had lost his chance to Scar.

And now that he was back, he just couldn't leave for the new season without saying something. Even if it wasn't him confessing his feelings, all he wanted was one small conversation with Bdubs.

But Bdubs, as he found out, was gone.

He couldn't believe it.

A part of Doc wanted to bolt out of the season, but he couldn't bring himself to leave for some reason. Maybe, if he closed his eyes and went to bed, he'd wake up and find Bdubs in his half of the mansion across the yard, waking him up with some stupid prank.

But alas, Doc was no time traveler. So he trudged up to his bedroom in defeat.

And there was something on his bed.

Narrowing his eyes, he sat on the edge as he carefully picked up the piece of paper.

The moment he opened it he immediately recognized the handwriting.

Bdubs.

Gripping the paper he read the letter.

Then he read it again.

He choked on a sob as he leaned over, holding the paper to his chest as tears poured from his organic eye. Doc slid off the bed and leaned his head back as his arms draped over his knees.