s4 e6

January, 2015

walking behind my two lovely parents, i watched as they walked hand in hand, both in love with the sight of one another.

they had the most beautiful love you could ever witness, it was so pure. i dreamed and wished for a love like that, theirs were so strong.

inside the building of our company, i stood off to the side as i watched my father exchange words Lucas. as their conversation came to an end, Lucas made his way over to me, "Alex!" he screeched in excitement, extending his arms. "what's going on, kid?"

i grinned, embracing him tightly, "hi, hi and nothing much, just with my old folks."

pulling away, he let out a small laugh, shaking his head as he leaned off onto that wall, "don't let them hear you say that."

"they're my old folks though," i joke, grinning.

"they are pretty old," he whispers, laughing softly. "but no uh, are you ready?"

i tilt my head, a bit confused, "ready for what? what do you mean?"

"you're graduating soon, how about that?"

my heart sunk, a bit of a warm sensation feeling my chest as realisation hit me. i did graduate soon, sooner than expected to say the least. time was flying and as much time as my parents spent in the hospital, i never realized how much had gone.

shit.

i smile, "i do, im a bit nervous though. time has flew and i don't know Lucas, its—it's been crazy."

he touches my shoulder, squeezing it gently, "that's okay, years fly and in the moments they don't, it feels like they're ticking as slow as can be but you did it. you did it, after every obstacle was thrown your way."

"thank you, Lucas."

"anytime, avocado," he chimes, shaking me lightly. "hey look, i have to get going but ill catch up with you later, okay?"

i nod, "yes you shall."

stepping away, we went out separate ways as i made my way over into an office where both of my parents resided. occupied with their works, i sat off to the side as i watched them in awe.

"hi beautiful," dad greeted me, a warm smile upon his lips. "you alright?" his tone now slightly worried as he eyes me suspiciously.

i nod, "yes, im just watching you and mom.."

mom smiles, reaching for my hand as she squeezes it gently, "you're adorable, so dearly."

"thank you, mom."

"you're welcome sweetheart. have you thought about your graduation..? i know it's not that close but being early about it never hurts."

i shake my head, leaning back into the chair, "i haven't, no. well, i have but not really, you know? with you and dad in and out of the hospital, i never thought about it, my focus was always on that two of you."

they sigh in sync, looking at each other before making their way over to me, "sweetheart, i understand life hasn't been easy on you and i hate that's it's been that way but you let us worry about that, okay? i know it's hard and it's painful to watch but we're right here." mom spoke, holding my shoulders.

"i can't lose you guys," i sniff, my eyes swelling with tears as they threatened to escape. "i know nothing is promised but losing you two...? i can't."

"hey sweetheart, look at me," dad says, kneeling down in front of me as he held my hands. shifting my head down in his direction, my eyes fell into his and desperately i wanted to do nothing more than just cry inside his arms. i always did.. "i know you're scared and honestly you have every right to, every emotion you're feeling is valid but i can promise you, whatever happens, i—we will never leave you. you're right, nothing is promised but you have to think of the light when you're suffocating in the darkest places. understand?"