s3 e2

as he walks out, Ava and my dad practically ran in, "oh my gosh, you scared the life out of me," Ava said with her hand palming her mouth. "are you okay? please tell me you're okay."

"baby girl," my dad spoke, his voice shaky. "are you alright?"

i nod, "yes you two, i am fine. in pain but it'll all pass soon."

"what happened?" they ask in sync.

i shake my head, "a lot, just know that."

Ava eyes me discreetly, i knew and she knew.

"Matt, could i speak with Alex alone, please? for a few minutes," she eyes him.

he nods, "yes, yes you can."

within seconds, my dad was gone and it was now Ava and i.

"it's Alyssa, isn't it?" she folds her arms, flopping down in the chair next to my bed.

i gulp down hard, avoiding eye contact, "yes Ava."

"i knew it, i knew it, i fucking knew it-"

"but that's-i just couldn't stop crying and next minute i knew, i was here."

"i called you.." she states, eyeing me closely. "you answered but you weren't speaking-well you were just not to me."

i lift my brow, "what do you mean?"

"your mother, you were talking to her or something..? i don't know," she shrugs. "the conversation was very muffled but i heard .. most."

i sniff, feeling the rush of emotions, "it was weird, Ava, it was so damn weird. i was uh..talking to my mom and i know i know, she's dead-" i paused, feeling my voice break. "it was so real, she told me to tell you, my dad, and Allen, happy holidays."

"i-" she paused, studying me.

i sigh, rubbing my fingers through my hair, "i know i know, believe me, i know. but i-i don't know, i was really talking to her, Ava."

she runs her hands through her hair, stepping closer to me, "i miss her so much."

"believe me, she misses you so much more, she really does," i sniff, rubbing my face, feeling the wetness of my tears.

no more crying, Alex.

she cups my face, holding it gently, "i love you so much, never forget that."

i smile, placing a hand on top of hers, "i never will, ever. you know i love you, always have and always will, Ava."

"im staying here with you," she smiles, flopping down in the chair on my bedside. "wait, wait, you haven't eaten right?"

i shake my head, "no, i haven't been hungry."

she stood up, "they cleared you to have food right?"

i nod, "yes ma'am."

"good," she throws her belongings in the chair. "ill be right back."

within seconds, she was out of the room and i was now alone. the room felt colder than usual, was the window open? it was mid winter, that'll be stupid.

"im so tired," i mumbled to myself.

"go to bed," i heard Alyssa's voice suddenly, what the fuck was she doing here?

she stood in the doorway of my room, arms folded, "are you alright?"

"im fine," i eyed her quickly.

"are you really, Alex?" she stepped closer, standing off at the end of my bed. "what happened?"