s3 e4

"Ava!" i shouted, reaching for her. "stop playing with me and give me the damn pillows, you already have like six of them."

"i need another one!" she groans, throwing the pillow back at me. "i will run to your house and grab a million more."

i studied her, "Ava lay your dumbass down, please, and thank you."

"i need to tell you something," she flopped down into the chair, rubbing her hands through her hair.

"im listening," sitting up, i pulled myself in a somewhat comfortable position. "wait, is it bad or good news?"

sadly, we got interrupted by a knock on the door, who the hell could that be? the nurses weren't coming back any time soon, a visitor maybe? but whom?

"who's that?" Ava whispered, eyeing me suspiciously. "i thought you weren't expecting any more visitors."

i shrug, "i wasn't, i have no idea who that is."

"come in," Ava shouts, and immediately the door flies open, in walked Julia. damn, what was she doing here?

"ill go grab you some breakfast," Ava says, quickly standing before excusing herself.

"Ju-Julia, what are you doing here?" i ask in confusion, watching her coldly.

"i heard," she says, standing off to the foot of my bed as she watched me. "you okay? how are you feeling?"

i shrug, "a little better, thank you for asking."

she nods, tapping my foot, "it's no problem, you know this, you doing well in school?"

"for a hospital patient, i am actually," i chuckle. "how about you? don't you graduate soon?"

she nods, "i do, yes but classes are going okay," she chuckles, shrugging. "i just want it to be all over, i loved the experience but i am tired."

"i feel you, i do, it's been highly exhausting," i drift off into my thoughts, feeling the heavyweight of mom in the back of my mind. "but you know me, managing shit."

"yes, yes i do," she nods. "just take care of yourself, alright?"

i nod, smiling just faintly, "i always try, i really do but implying the same advice, yeah?"

she nods, leaning down onto me just gently as she embraces me firmly, "yes, Miss. Lance, yes i will."

i chuckle, holding her tightly, "okay, Miss. Brown."

"take care, please," she chuckles, shoving me lightly.

"always," i wink, watching her walk off to the door. "get home safely."

she nods, not bothering to conjure up a reply as she exits the room. evidently, Ava walks back into the room as she's walking out, finally, i was hungry.

"finally," i utter, watching her closely as she approached the bed. "i am hungry."

she chuckles, flopping down into the chair beside me, "they didn't have apple sauce so i got crackers and a juice box, that's okay?"

i nod, "yes, that's totally okay, thank you."

"good good," she smiles, handing me over a pack of crackers. "we shall watch movies now, how about it?"

i shrug, "seems fitting to me, as long as it's The Office, i don't care."

"no Grey's Anatomy?" She gasps, holding her chest.

i cock my brow, watching her, "does it look like id like to watch hospital shit as im sitting here, in this uh i don't know-hospital?"

she laughs, covering her mouth, "you have a point, no Grey's Anatomy then."