s2 e7

morning came quickly, and i was dragging myself out of bed while Ava slept peaceful. i shoved her lightly in which she groaned, flipping over and pulling the covers over her head.

i shoved her again and yanked the covers off of her.

"get up asshole," i blurt.

"Alex.." she groans. "what time is it?!"

"6:50."

"so why are you waking m-"

"Ava it's Tuesday," i chuckle.

"don't you have classes too? you didn't even show yesterday," she eyes me as she begins to lift up from the dead. "you left me with them idiots."

"i had to deal with Allen," i eye her. "and again today i won't be there, im trying to get his records and shit for his school, well the one im trying to put him in."

"brad?"

"yes, how'd you know?"

"i know you," she chuckles. "plus it's close by and isn't that bad of a school."

"well yeah," i shrug. "but come on, get up, you have classes and i have to get Allen registered."

"can i just tag along?" she whined while dragging herself from the bed. such a kid i swear.

"and stand in a high school for hours? why would you wanna do that, Ava?"

"ugh," she groans once more. "at least make me breakfast!"

"i can't, i have to go," i quickly stamped a sticky note onto her forehead before running out of the bedroom.

"can i just skip? can i go next week? please?" Allen questions. i knew he was nervous but he had to face his fears, we all did.

"Allen.." i whispered softly. "i understand you're nervous but you have to go, you've been out of school for so long."

he takes a breath and hangs his head low, looking at the pavement. "fine," he blurted.

"ill be here around 1:50 because you get out at 2," i assured him.

"okay," his voice held a hint of sadness. "hey, i have a question."

"heh, shoot," i glance over at him.

"do you have a girlfriend?" uh? this question made me feel funny inside. weird.

"no," i shook my head. "why are you asking?"

"it just seemed as though you would've had one," he states.

oh?

i chuckle, "get out and go into the school, Allen."

"ugh," he groans. "can i-"

"Allen no. i will be here by 1:50."

"fine, let's pray i make friends on my first day," he chuckles while dragging himself out of my car.

"be safe!"

"you too," he says lowly.

i took in a second as i watched him enter the school building, it was weird. i felt as though i was watching myself do that all over again. i hated high school.

gosh, the memories and the moments.

i pulled myself together before pulling off and hitting the closet route to my parents company. i was nervous, sad, worried, i had all these emotions rampaging inside of me.

i had to face this, i had too.

it was hurting me so deeply but i had to do it. her scent stayed with me since yesterday. i found myself gripping the steering wheel tighter than usual. shit.