s2 e11

"Alex!" Allen shouts out with pure excitement.

"yes, Allen?"

"what are you doing? where are you two going? if you don't mind me asking." he sounded like he had a ton of candy this early. i mean it was only noon but you get it.

"have you had any sugar since you've been awake? if so, how long have you been awake, Allen?"

"uh," he pauses and tries to think. "ive been up since, what uh, 7-8? i don't know. what time is it?" he rambles.

i chuckle, "calm down, will ya? im going to see mom."

i felt Ava's hand grip my shoulder, rubbing it gently. what would i do without her? i love her.

"ouu! can i come?! i haven't talked to her or seen her since i was a kid. in which i don't remember much."

"Allen," i laugh softly. "please calm down."

"okay okay, but i have a question!"

"ask away, Allen."

"im having prom soon and by soon, i mean like a week from now. would you wanna go with me? well not with me with me but go..?"

i lift my brow as i watch him, "i don't mind Allen. is there a limit to how many people can come?"

he shakes his head, "no, not at all."

"okay, Ava will be tagging along."

"that's fine that fine," he eyes me.

"we'll go on, Ava and i will be in the car waiting for you."

"ugh," he groans. "let me grab water and ill meet you two in the car.

Ava and i laugh in sync as we nod before heading out of the door. it was snowing and it looked lovely. the snow was covering the pavement so thin-like a small coating sheet.

it wasn't as cold today, not a breeze in sight. just the small blows of snow.

beautiful.

the snow had to have fallen around midnight, it was about an inch thick. the snow reminded me of mom..she loved this season.

fuck, i disliked this season because of that reason. i missed mom so deeply and small reminders like this were a killer.

but she's no longer suffering, which made me so happy.

"im coming mom," i whispered softly as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Alex," Ava called out.

"hmm?" i sat in the driver's seat with my eyes now shut and my head back.

Allen sat in the backseat and though i had my eyes shut, i could feel all four eyes on me. knowing that they're watching me cry, made the pit of my stomach hurts.

it wasn't a sense of weakness for me because i didn't care who seen me cry.

"you okay, Alex?" Allen asked.

"yes," i nod as i quickly wipe my face, opening my eyes. "just the same feelings as always."

they both nod.

"come on," i swiftly take the keys from the engine as i pull myself out of the car. "shit it's cold. Allen, you're brushing the snow off her stone!"

"ah! it's cold though!" he whines.

"you'll be fine," i gave him a pat on his back.

we walked through the graveyard and i held a strange feeling of someone watching me. i took a glance around before shaking my head. no one. but-no maybe i was tripping. yes, maybe.