s4 e3

back at home in my bedroom, i sunk into the mattress, feeling the hollowness take me whole. it had been about a week or two since Ella's imprisonment and it's been quiet, too quiet. but not to speak that soon, i wasn't surprised when i came home to a written letter..you and i both knew whom it came from.

i hadn't opened it since it's been here-which were a week or two. was i scared? no, more so nervous. i didn't know what to expect but it was always the unexpected if anything.

i sighed, reaching for the envelope as i began tearing it open, pulling out the letter.

she hated me this much and i really couldn't wrap my head around it.

Alexandra,

hi sweetheart, you already know whom this is so let's cut that bullshit. id say i hope you're having an amazing time but do i really care enough? no, not really but just because you put me behind these bars doesn't mean i cannot make your life a living hell from here. you obviously don't care enough to hear me. this will not be my first letter to you, believe me when i say you'll be getting more until you see me again. since shit isn't sweet as i was always around, im out of the picture now but believe, Alyssa will be mine rather you like it or not. i truly don't feel like writing that much so before i go, i would like to tell you this one thing-come see me. you know where i am being held so no need for the address. midnight. ill be seeing you soon. wink wink.

i read the letter a few more times over, not quite sure why and what i was doing. i sat there in silence, my eyes scanning the letter as i took it all in-again.

was i really gonna go see her? if so, why? what good would that bring to me?

but what bad could it bring me?

no, that's stupid, that's really stupid, Alex. it's Ella we're talking about, that's bad in itself.

i always asked myself; why was i allowing this to get to me..? but this was Alyssa we were talking about. she loved her job and watching that all get taken away from her because of a little baby crush was breaking my heart. i hated it so much..my heart broke the more i sat with the though of it.

i sighed softly, dragging myself out of bed, pushing forward towards my dresser. stuffing the letter inside, i went off into the bathroom, turning the water on before splashing my face with cold water.

leaning over the sink, i looked at myself in the mirror, watching the water fall down my cheeks.

running my fingers through my hair, i threw it up into a bun as i made my way out of the bathroom, exiting my bedroom as well. going down the steps, i made my way over into the kitchen.

"you've finally come downstairs," Allen's voice echoed in my ear as he rounded the corner. "are you okay?"

i nod, "mhm, i just uh needed to clear my head, that's-that's all. where's everyone?"

"dad and Reed are out but Ava is in the living room watching a comedy show. are you sure you're okay? you seems off..? you've been gloomy the past week or so."

i shake my head, grinning, "im okay, Allen. thank you for asking."

a small simple silence sat between the two of us before Allen moved closer, patting my back as he nodded, "you're welcome, im here if you need anything."

i swallowed down the lump that rose in the back of my throat, giving him a firm nod as he stepped away.

"i need to go see my mom," i mumble, hanging my head down low.

•••

walking through the graveyard, i quickly made my way over to my moms head stone, smiling as it came into view. brushing the dirty and leaves off, i smiled as my fingers ran over her engraved name.