s4 e4

A l y s s a

early morning, i was up pretty early as i was making my way into the school. i was pretty exhausted to say the least, i would've called off but why? all i had was a few hours.

the school year went by pretty fast if you asked me. obviously the first few weeks are slow but aren't they always? but i did this for a living, the years naturally flew by.

sitting my things down onto my desk, i straighten up my area as i began to get situated. suddenly, my door flew open and in walked Mr. King.

"morning beautiful," he stated with, a wide smile forming on his lips. arms folded as they were resting behind his back, he seemed tense. "how are you doing?"

i frown my brows, smiling dully, "im—im fine, how about yourself, Mr. King?"

"im well," he says with a seemingly not so noticeable nod. stepping closer, he extended his arms as he spoke, "uh i was wondering—"

"im not interested," i cut him off, shaking my head.

"you—you don't even know what i was gonna say," he tilts his head, slight frustration written amongst his face.

"okay," i nod, eyeing him. "go on, tell me what you'd like to tell me, Mr. King."

"you've slept with Miss. Lance," hmm, have i?

"hmm, is that so?" i question, my brows slight raised. arms folded, i stood still. "what gives you that assumption?"

"i see you two together all the time. sure enough if you're not sleeping with her, you two are seeing each other."

"mhm, okay. well if that's what you came to tell me, thank you i guess? would you like a high five? a round of applause?"

"drop the sarcasm," he demanded, causing me to cut my eyes at him.

"im sorry but you're just gonna walk up into my classroom and demand i do something?" i scoff, shaking my head. "you're a teacher here just as i am, exit my classroom, please."

not letting up, i soon felt an uneasy grip upon my bicep as he pulled me closer to him, "listen Adams, i know you and Alexandra have something going."

yanking my arm from his grasp, i shoved him as my brows frowned, "that's an amazing assumption, i appreciate that i guess. would you mind exiting my classroom, as i asked before, because i have a class to teach," i grin dully, pointing towards the door.

"i would actually," he smirks, stepping closer.

as i was about to speak, the door flung open and several students walked in. thank goodness.

"leave," i fold my arms, eyeing him closely.

backing up slow, he ran his hand over his face, "mm, sure. ill be seeing you after class, let's hope Alex don't interrupt us."

threats? again? lord, these people.

•••

sitting in the edge of my bed, i sunk into the mattress just slightly, taking in my old bedroom atmosphere. it looked exactly as i left it, though the paint was chipping off. it was old.

i sat there, in silence, my legs crossed as my thoughts ran through my mind. i couldn't stop thinking but who ever could?

reaching over, i slid my hand down into my purse as i aimlessly looking for the picture of Alexandra and i. crazy place to keep it, i know but i didn't want to leave it just anywhere. pulling it out from my purse, i held it down in front of my face, my eyes studying it. i ran my thumb over it slow, feeling a rush of emotions hit me.