s4 e10

"and you're sure i look okay?" Ava questioned, standing in front of the mirror as she continued adjusting her clothing for like the millionth time.  shifting her head, her eyes landed on me as she ran her hands down her black shirt. i could tell she was stressing.

i shake my head, grinning as i approached her, grabbing her hands, "for the last time, you look amazing. stop stressing, please. you will not be able to see your attire, you'll be in your gown, relax."

giving me a smile, she threw herself onto me gently before pulling herself off,  "im sorry, im sorry, im sorry."

her face filled with guilt, her hands resting on my shoulders gently. gently i gripped her arms, "you're okay, i need you to relax for me."

"i just don't want to hurt you, i don't know if you're still in pain," she explains, taking a breather. "you look amazing."

shaking my head, i went over to the mirror, grinning to myself as i took pride in my appearance,  "as well as you."

"thank you," she smiled to herself, eyeing herself once more. "shall we leave?"

i nod, walking over to my bed, grabbing my gown that laid there ever so nicely. "we shall, grab your gown, love."

gathering our things, we made our way out of my bedroom and down the stairs where Allen, Reed, and my father resided.

"ah, there they go," Reed announced, shooting a wide smile our as he approached us slow. following behind him was a excited little brother of mine.  "im proud of you both."

"ah, yall did it!" he shouts, smiling from ear to ear.  "dad get in here! look at them!"

laughing at him, i shook my head, "relax will you, kid?"

moments later, my dad appeared around the corner. i turned my attention towards him and instantly he shot me a smile.

"hi ladies," he greeted as he embraced us firmly. "you both look lovely, im proud of you both. congratulations."

we eye each other, smiling wide as we spoke in sync, "thank you, thank you."

"let's go, ill drive," Reed announced, heading towards the door as he opened it. "after you all."

heading out of the door, Ava and i made our way over the selection of cars, choosing a car, we all got inside.

i was really graduating, i did it, i did it.

after this crappy year, i did it. i wasn't surprised to say the least, i did my part academically but this year took a hard turn but here i am.

shifting my head, i pulled my attention out the window as i took in nature and our surroundings. the clouds barely covers the skies as the sun penetrated its ways through.

the half covered trees, which was not fully green. the last moments of the fall weather was slowly fading and it looked astonishing.

a good ten to fifteen minutes later, we arrived and i could feel my body heat up as my eyes scanned the building. the car came to a halt as Reed spoke, "you girls can go on inside, im gonna park."

"okay," was all i could say as Ava and i dragged ourselves from the inside of the car. standing here, i stood before the large building in front of me, looking up as amazement sat across my face.

"come on," Ava says, nudging at my arm as she tugged at it. dragging me inside the building, i was instantly greeted by a group of people. asking for our names, we told them as they checked us off before telling us to continue forward.

"you can make your way towards the auditorium as it will be a few minutes until the ceremony starts. chat up with friends and or families and if need be, we will be here if you need anything," one of the people of the group spoke.