s1 e3

i woke up with a slight headache, which overwhelmed me to the core but i always seemed to manage. it was currently 8 in the morning and Ava and i were in our daily class hour. Alyssa had yet shown up, which was mind boggling because we lived together so you'd think that we'd get here at the same time or close.

it about 15 minutes after 8, i believe and i was tired as hell. i barely slept because of the hectic construction happening outside of my bedroom. it usually wasn't as loud but tonight just happened to be louder than expected.

"where is she?" Ava whispered my way.

"where is whom?" i held my confused expression as i eyed her.

"our teacher," she says while pointing up at the front of the room. "she's late."

"why are you asking me? i don't know where she could be."

she let out a sigh of frustration, "can we go get breakfast then? im starving."

"yes, i haven't eaten either."

as we made our way out and into the halls, seemingly Alyssa was making her towards the classroom.

"shouldn't you girls be in the classroom?" she says as she eyed me from the corner of her eyes. "why are you two in the hallway?"

"well you're late first of all," i blurted. "secondly, we never had breakfast and we're hungry, is that a problem, Miss. Adam's?"

she glanced over at as her glance ran cold, "see me after class, Miss. Lance."

"sure," i shrug before walking off with Ava to the cafeteria.

"what's all that about ?" she asked while eyeing me.

i kept my eyes forward as i took a breather, "she's an ass to me so i don't see why i can't return the favor."

"you're the pettiest person i know," she laughs. "but try not to get on the teachers bad side, some are petty enough to fuck with your grades."

i lifted my brow, "i wish the fuck she would, she'll never see my father again."

after saying that, the bell went off and Ava and i were done with breakfast. it was almost 1 in afternoon and all i wanted was to go home.

Ava and i split ways after i stayed back in Miss. Adam's class.

"Miss Lance," she says with her brow lifted. "are you trying to get on my bad side ?"

"Miss Adam's, are you trying to get on my bad side ?"

she took a breath while rubbing her hands through her nicely curled hair, "detention?"

"is that a question?"

"yes."

"eh well, if you give me detention neither of us go home and you'll be stuck with me for an extra hour or so," i shrug. "plus aren't we a little too old for that?"

"do you have a problem with me?"

"no not at all but ill see you at home," i gathered my things before heading towards the door. "unless you wanna give me a ride home?"

"don't you have a class right now ?"

"no, not today at least. i only had yours."

"why would i?" because we're up the street? "can't you just walk ?"

"because we're going to the same place."

"you can walk," she says while walking passed me dropping half of her papers. "fuck."

"ah, good luck with that."

•••

i made my way into the house and all i could hear was loud R&B playing from the kitchen. it has to have been Alyssa, her and i were the only ones here now.

i just shook my head and made my way up to my bedroom and took a quick shower.

after my shower, i got dressed in some sweats and a tank top. it was pretty but the heat was blasting in my room. i practically had to always keep my window open for a warm room.

i took a quick look at myself in my full body length mirror before grabbing my laptop, heading downstairs. i sat in the further part of the dinning area while immediately getting started on small work.

"shouldn't you be in your room with that?" i heard from the left of me but i knew it was Alyssa. again, we were the only two home, at least for now. "the table is for eating."

"shouldn't you be getting dinner prepared?" i asked while keeping my attention in my laptop.

"what's your problem?"

"don't have one," i say simply. "you're the one bothering me, im minding my business."

"ugh, why do you hate me so badly?" she says which got my attention. "what have i done to you?"

"you haven't done a damn thing, you've been here, living here for almost 3/4 months, i barely speak to you, Alyssa."

"is it because im dating your father ?"

"bitch your joking? please tell me you're joking."

"not like that, Alexandra," she says simply. "i mean like the whole step mom thing."

i shrug, "you're not my step mom, plain and simple."

"Alexandra," she says softly. her voice held a hint of seduction.

"that's my name," i smirk. "how can i help you, Alyssa ?" i pulled my attention back to my papers and laptop.

"nevermind," she says before walking away.

"ah, thought so," i say rudely.

i eventually went off to my bedroom and caught up on some criminal minds. i sat and watched it for about 3 hours and as i finished, i heard my father walking through the front door. finally.

"hi baby," i heard Alyssa say as i made my way down the steps. "how was work? also, dinner is ready."

"work was well but thank you, i appreciate. im gonna take a quick shower before dinner though."

"hi pops," i say with a wave.

"hi sweetie," he smiles and embraces me tightly before walking up the stairs.

i made my way over unit that kitchen and began making myself a plate of food.

"no one has to know," i heard suddenly from behind me as i felt arms snake around me. i felt a soft kiss being placed on my ear and i immediately turned around.

"Alyss-" i was immediately cut off by Alyssa crashing her lips onto mine. for a second i melted in the moment of the time being before pushing her off of me. "what the fuck are you doing ?"

"Alexandra !" i heard suddenly which made me jump. "wake up! dinners downstairs." i blinked a few times as i held my chest while panting. i was dreaming? that was a dream, fucking ew. i threw my covers off of me and made my way downstairs.

lord.

i made myself a plate before getting seated in the dinning area where Alyssa and my father was seated.

"you okay sweetie ? you're sweating." he says with a concerned expression.

"no no, im just fine, just a weird dream," i say while eyeing Alyssa from the corner of my eyes.