s1 e18

"okay, explain it to me one more time."

"Ava, open your ears dude," i chuckled. "when i went off to the bathroom, i took so long because i ran into Alyssa and you know, i asked if she was seeing someone and she said yes but she was lying."

"and how do you know that?" her brow lifted as she eyed me suspiciously.

"because she looked anywhere else but my eyes, she kept direct eye contact up until i asked her if she was seeing anyone"

"that's hot."

i eyed her coldly, "dude you're an idiot but anyways, what are doing? were not gonna sit in the house the rest of the afternoon, are you trying to go back on campus?"

"eh, ill have to see if Eli is there, if not then no."

"good because Evan stay trying to flirt with me," i gag. "i wish he'd just give up already."

"you and i both know he never will," she says with a chuckle. "anyways, thanksgiving is next week."

"eh, don't remind me," i tried to hide the sadness that lingered in my vice but i knew Ava knew me all too well to not notice. "holidays hadn't been the same since 15'."

"i know," she says softly. "you know ive spent every holiday with you two since then and i don't mind doing it again."

"your family needs you," i eyed her. "you can go this year, don't worry i promise.

"okay but you know i am nothing but a phone call away, don't hesitate to call."

"of course, dumbass," i say with a smile.

•••

next morning i was up bright and early for classes and i can not say how badly i was screaming inside that it was finally Friday. i loved school but damn i was tired.

not like this break was gonna do anything but to even get one, whew thank you.

Ava and i didn't do much yesterday, Eli wasn't on campus so we spent the rest of the day at my place and just watched movies. obviously she wanted to spend half of the time talking about Alyssa but honestly i didn't.

i knew i had to go and face her soon but something in me, didn't want to. i mean i wanted to know why she lied even though half of me questioned her liking me but i don't know. id obviously have to sit and talk with her but right now ? eh.

i was currently in my daily class of the day, Miss. Adams. i was staring her down but not in the obvious way. it was slight and settle, i was staring at her from the corner of my eyes when she'd move around the classroom. im positive she couldn't notice but maybe she had multiple senses, shit.

i didn't want to make it all too obvious but i don't know, something about her just wasn't clicking with me. i still had yet to put my finger on it and i was going crazy over it. it was really tripping me out.

for some odd reason, i was analyzing her in ways i never thought i would. i watched as her skirt hugged her just right and all in the right places.

i was staring to see what other saw. not like she wasn't beautiful before then because hell, she always has been but obviously i never looked at her in such ways.

but i couldn't pull away, my eyes were locked on her and i didn't know why. i couldn't have any romantic feelings towards Alyssa maybe a slight attraction but no.

eventually the bell rang and dismissed class as a whole, i wasted no time as i gathered my belongings and practically bolted out.

"you've been staring at her all hour," Ava mentioned as she tailed behind. "if you want to kiss her, just say that."

"Ava fuck off," i whispered.

"you were though," she chuckles lightly as she shove me. "was her skirt hugging her in the right places?"

it's like this bitch can read my mind.

"Ava!" i eyed her coldly. "i don't want to kiss her and get the hell out of my mind, would you?"

"oh, so that's what you were thinking while staring at her?"

dammit, was i obvious?

"ew, was it that obvious?"

"eh kinda," she shrugs. "i don't know how many people were staring at you and seeing but i just noticed because im Ava."

"you're an idiot," i rolled my eyes as i shoved her.

"a little bit, yes," she nods. "i mean im just a tad bit slow like you."

"no, you're like extra slow," i say jokingly.

she studied me for a while before she questioned, "have you ever gotten high?"

"i believe so, yes," i nod.

"how'd you feel?"

"i barely remember it to be fair," i shrug. "it was what, uh my senior year and it was almost two years after my mom died. i was doing reckless things with reckless people."

"isn't that when your dads heart problems somewhat came back?"

"yes," i nod once more. "which was kicking my ass because i had just lost my mom and losing him too? that would've killed me."

"is he doing okay?"

"i don't know well he's okay but i don't know, you know?" i frown my brows as i glance over at Ava. "like i know he's okay but i know he's hurting and i don't wanna be the one to open up that cut just yet. the holidays are rough for the both of us but i know he has it far worse. but Ava i watch that man like a hawk."

"have you ever thought about doing it any time soon?"

"i have," i nod slowly. "i was thinking about doing it this year around thanksgiving but again, ill never know the right time but sooner is always better than later."

"you're correct and you know im here for both of you," she gives my hand a firm squeeze as she looks me in my eyes. "no matter what and no matter where, ill always come running."

"i know and you know i appreciate you very much."

she nods, "now your mom, would you like to go see her? we can just sit there because i know you don't always carry words."

talking about my mom still stung, it was like a burning sensation and it sucked. i missed her deeply.

"the last time we went and talked to her was Monday, right ?"

"i believe, yes."

"we can go early tomorrow, im not doing anything as always."

"i believe Eli will be on campus then," she mentions.

"like hell ill play uno or cards with you tow, competitive bitches."

she laughs as a hand covers her stomach, "scared you'd lose?"

"fuck losing, you two are too damn competitive like what the hell?"

"sure."