s2 e13

"no! you do not keep him!" Rachel shouted.

"oh? and why not?" i lift my brow as i watch her. "you're forgetting who has custody of this kid."

"but i-"

"no, no, no," i held my finger up. "he's dealing with a lot right now and he does not need you on his back."

"oh? dealing with what exactly?"

"i don't think that's your business," i fold my arms. "as i said, he's just dealing with a lot. im missing half of my class because of you."

"you could've gone," she chuckles.

i shook my head, not even acknowledging her crappy attitude. i made my way out of her house and off into my car. not wasting any time, i turned over the engine and pulled off.

luckily i wasn't far from my campus, thank god.

eventually, i pulled up, quickly parking before taking my keys from the engine. i practically dragged myself off into the school, as i always did. the hallways felt longer-maybe it was just me but fuck.

i pulled open the door and every set of eyes landed on me. "the bio-oh, Miss Lance, nice of you to join us," Alyssa announced with a smile. "go on and have a seat," she pointed.

sighing to myself, i ran my fingers through my hair as i took a seat by Ava.

"we have 10 minutes left," she whispered. "what took you so long?!"

"Rachel," i eyed her.

"your mom's sister?"

i nod, "i was just talking to her about Allen and she had got defensive."

she raises her brow, "why?"

"i don't know," i shrug. "but i told her that my father has custody of Allen so she couldn't pull a bitch move even if she wanted to."

"don't stress yourself over it," Ava gripped my shoulder firmly, squeezing it. "im here if you wanna talk, we can even go to the bar and get wasted."

i chuckle, "Ava, shut up."

the bell went off and everyone bolted from their seats, heading out of the classroom.

"you coming?"

"ill catch up," i eye her.

"get your lover," she whispers as she winks at me before running off.

i chuckled to myself as i slowly gathered my things, moving slower than usual. i usually always did move slow but this was slow as fuck.

"you're moving slow Alex," Alyssa says suddenly. "speed it up, you look like a snail."

"that's rude, since when were you the mean type?" i eyed her.

"mean? that's mean to you?"

i nod, "you're always nice to me."

"if that's mean to you, you'll have hell at your heels, fucking with me."

damn, that was hot.

"are you saying what i think you're saying, Miss Adams?" i smirk, watching her type away at her keyboard.

"get your mind out of the gutter, Alex," she glances at me quickly. "we could've gotten in trouble yesterday."

"but did we?"

she rolled her eyes at my statement, "anyways, how's your father doing? how are you two?"

"we're fine," i shrug. "Christmas is in two weeks and i can say, i am not ready."